Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Desparatus

Default Desparatus

Here is another one i posted in the same thread as the last one i posted, http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8545 ,but this is the larger one I note as going to have some body work. That was because in the original design I realized the crystal chamber was to week to duel with as it was 1.5" sinktube only. Used a much thicker aluminum tube for the new chamber 1&6/8" od with 0.25" wall. My dad machined the ends to fit the 1.5" sinktube adapter. The chamber cut outs I made useing a drill press and a dremel.

Alright, parts list:
    MHS blade holder style 4 with heat sink
    MHS groove extention
    MHS gear extention
    MHS pommel style 6 with insert style 1
    1.5" sinktube adapter x2
    tactile switch x2
    premium speaker x2
    premium speaker holder x2
    1.625 od aluminum tube with 0.25 wall thinkness
    Hasbro Force Action Vader board
    Hasbro Green Goblin board
    lamp bulb holder x2 (crystal holder)
    door bell
    My saber claw design, finialy got to use them.
    souel p4 white
    1000ma buck puck
    5mm white accent led
    TCSS Tansparent smoke polyc blade(not for black blade but effect it has when lit)

Here's the album with wip pics.
    http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/w...ze/Desparatus/
    Here's the link to the vid so you can here the ound if you like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j90plY_JoKw
    Here is a lighting condition test with the black blade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plx7g096Rk
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 03-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Okay, this may sound bad, but I hate it. I also love it. I shall explain. Your skills have improved to the point that this *should* have been entirely done with aluminum tube rather than sinktube (unless you wanted to go brass). I love the design (it is VERY creative) and only criticize you here because that saber could be GREAT rather than just okay. On the design side, I love your aesthetic.

I hope this does not offend you, but I am hoping that the advice will help you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

No offense taken good criticism is always welcome. However the only sinktube use in the finial design is the overlays the rest is aluminum tube. Though it might have been better if I had gotten brass tube for the overlays.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Goltar Bias View Post
    No offense taken good criticism is always welcome. However the only sinktube use in the finial design is the overlays the rest is aluminum tube. Though it might have been better if I had gotten brass tube for the overlays.
    YES! Brass tube would also do it! All I am saying is go all the way with different sized aluminum tube (or go brass). Anyways, I only chimed in here because I love the design.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

One question...WHY A BLADE?

All you need to do is blind someone by shining the LED in their eyes, then impale them with those nasty arse spikes!

I like it a lot...perhaps in the future you may want to upgrade the sound, though. A saber that nice deserves an MR or HFX board IMO

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Wink

I like it - original design, and good strong dremel-fu.
    Kinda reminds me of the scepter Xur used in the Last Starfighter movie...
    LOCKHEED

This is a great example of going your own way and creating something just for you. I like seeing that, well done
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Wow! 2 sound cards and speakers...insane. Very ambitious. I have mixed feeling about this one design wise as well. I like the general construction of the main hilt but the overlay on the grip seems to just stop. The grip overlay may also look better cut out of MHS sleeve instead. I like parts of the emitter and repetition of shapes, except that it's busy and sharp looking. The brass inside the sink tubes goes nicely with the switch. One thing that has me puzzled is the two brass bolts by the switch. They look a bit out of place and I'm unsure of the their function. First time I've seen a black blade used. It makes me curious how it looks in other lighting.

Otherwise congrats on an ambitious and unique build!
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 03-02-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Wow! 2 sound cards and speakers...insane. Very ambitious. I have mixed feeling about this one design wise as well. I like the general construction of the main hilt but the overlay on the grip seems to just stop. The grip overlay may also look better cut out of MHS sleeve instead. I like parts of the emitter and repetition of shapes, except that it's busy and sharp looking. The brass inside the sink tubes goes nicely with the switch. One thing that has me puzzled is the two brass bolts by the switch. They look a bit out of place and I'm unsure of the their function. First time I've seen a black blade used. It makes me curious how it looks in other lighting.

Otherwise congrats on an ambitious and unique build!

Ok the brass bolts by the switch go in to the mhs 1.5" sinktube adapter in the end of the aluminum tube above it, there are two matching bolts on the opposite side. As far as the overlay on the on the grip it does just stop since there is no overlay on the crystal chamber, it is one solid tube. I may go back later and redo the grip overlay in the mhs sleeve to see how it looks thatnks for the input. It is kind of hard to decribe how the blade looks in other light might have so shoot a vid just going between different light sources.

Banned Sith Lord

can you take a video of the saber on? i want to hear the combination of both sounds.

i personally think the saber is awesome as it. in my view its well balanced with design but every sabersmith has his or her own design and style preferance.

i agree with LDM. your skills have deffinately improved. well done. im anxious to see your future work.