Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saber for the Lady

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Lol, no. Thats why a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

You know, now that Im looking at it, it would be friggin sweet to make the 8 holes in the pommel cap the housings for an 8 LED PLI. Discreet. If I didnt need them for sound. I think Im going to tap a few holes/slots around the choke point of the pommel for more sound too.

Blog Entries

That would be pretty awesome.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

How/where are you going to mount those tactile switches? I really like that idea with something small and discrete!

Cool and simple design. I like how you're doing the charge port. I wouldn't try it though x.x
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    How/where are you going to mount those tactile switches? I really like that idea with something small and discrete!
    Either mounted directly to the chassis or possibly inside a shroud plate. I havent decided yet. Waiting on the stones to get here so I can figure out how bright the switch led's are going to shine through. I will say they are bright. And at 3-4.1V, up to 20mA they work great with the CF. They are just a little bigger than the tactile switches that TCSS has. Ive used them quite a bit and like the a lot. But they are pretty fragile. These LED ones are way tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanjel View Post
    Either mounted directly to the chassis or possibly inside a shroud plate. I havent decided yet. Waiting on the stones to get here so I can figure out how bright the switch led's are going to shine through. I will say they are bright. And at 3-4.1V, up to 20mA they work great with the CF. They are just a little bigger than the tactile switches that TCSS has. Ive used them quite a bit and like the a lot. But they are pretty fragile. These LED ones are way tougher.
    From where did you source those switches? Super cool that they are LED!

Also, to mount them, do you mean you will mount them on the inner chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    From where did you source those switches? Super cool that they are LED!

Also, to mount them, do you mean you will mount them on the inner chassis?
    What I cant get from TCSS I get from Mouser or Adafruit. Yes, if I can I will mount them to the chassis itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanjel View Post
    Yes, if I can I will mount them to the chassis itself.
    Very interesting concept with the button on the chassis. That would essentially result in a recessed minimalist kind of look, correct?

Yea, with the shroud on it will have a kind of guarded effect. But each of them will still have a jewel on top for the actual button. So semi-recessed when its all said and done.

Pretty much have everything wired up except the FoC. Waiting on the SMD resistors to get here.

Edit: well, I cant seem to embed the video, just click it. :P

Last edited by Arkanjel; 04-19-2016 at 01:31 PM.