Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Coniac View Post
    Dude that's slick as hell! Do you mind if I ask what program you're using?
    Thanks man! I'm using autodesk inventor. It has a free student version. It's pretty complex but the YouTube tutorials are really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgal Pain View Post
    Its just a first draft but so far this is the one i like best.
    Already made a few changes, i will post more pics as the project progresses.

Final draft
    Attachment 12530
    Nice concept!

I'm not sure if we're allowed character backstories here as well, so I'll just start with the saber pitch. NB: the concept art (and actually a chassis for the cram-fu; and also a lot of patience from me throwing ideas at him until one stuck - thank you!) was created/provided by @zharrhen.
    https://imgur.com/a/HdJp2TM

Concept:
    Dual Matched (near identical) Short-Hilted Shoto Sabers, one with a Jedi Blue blade, one with a deep Sith Red blade, The Jedi one would be heavily battle-damaged and barely functioning (likely with a damaged font), and the Sith one would be near pristine - likely polished and shiny.

Character Backstory:
    The clone wars era. Unnamed Jedi. Scout mission deep in separatist territory.
    The Jedi's team of troopers is ambushed, and after a huge explosion (the source of the damage on the Jedi saber), the Jedi is left behind during the retreat, presumed dead.
    He is not dead...
    He is found and tortured by Dooku. He refuses to turn to the Sith, and escapes.
    He harnesses all of his pain, all of his anger, all of his bitterness and, most of all of, his deep betrayal at being left behind, and pours it into constructing a new saber, modeled on his now barely functional Jedi weapon. He keeps both weapons, as a memento of his past, and vows revenge on those who abandoned him in his darkest hour by any means necessary.
    I'm saving the build until after I move house, so expect to see a build log in a month or two.
    Last edited by Play3er2; 02-22-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: chnage backstory

couple of hilts i bashed together on TinkerCadDamysus1.jpgDamysus2.jpgDeity1.jpgDeity2.jpgOrthrus1.jpgOrthrus2.jpgShiban1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

interesting concept on the twin blade, I like the one before that, but then I am a bit conservative. The axes are also an interesting idea, good for bashing in a close combat situation.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

thank you. Trying to figure out how to build the twin blade, though of using a forked exhaust pipe but cant seen to find anything the right size. May just end up using PVC.

Based it on Hunter Rose / Grendel:d9996ir-3bea9772-44d5-40d5-899d-c4884f321a8a.jpg
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

So there is this movie called SEVEN SWORDS that i really like.

One of the characters uses a sword called the "Heavens Fall"

Here is a video of someone demonstrating a replica of the weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqmzsdiCdig

So of course I'm thinking a a Lightsaber with dual emitters, but that can only use one blade at a time...

HeavensFall1.jpgHeavensFall2.jpgHeavensFall3.jpg

HeavensFall4.jpgHeavensFall_Mk2.jpg

This is what i came up with in MHS Builder. The Mk2 would have the windowed adapter in the center, figure i could mount the speaker there instead of in the pommel.

I have a friend who Cross-plays (I think thats the word) as a Lord of the Rings Elven Jedi. This would be for her - Eärendil.jpg

I have another friend who does a very accurate Eleventh Doctor costume, so a saber inspired by his Sonic Screwdriver would be for him - Sonic_Saber.jpg

was looking through some pics i've saved, just thinking how good this would look with a Ripper Blade:Darth_Bane_Light_halbard.jpg