Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Chamber help

Oh yes, I see. I'm going to need some other disks. Thank you so much Greenie, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    The discs at either end are #2. There are also spacers at one end and a disc#1 (locking disc) with a female coupler in between.
    The crystal is between a stator coil (from a disk drive) and the cut off end of a hose coupler.

Attachment 15018
    I think that is the gender changer not a female coupler, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    I think that is the gender changer not a female coupler, is that right?
    Yeah. I meant gender changer (male coupler)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Yeah. I meant gender changer (male coupler)
    Thanks! I'm impressed by your ideas on holding your crystal. It takes a little creativity for some of that stuff.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 02-17-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Here is another attempt at a crystal chamber. This one is an original machined round quartz crystal with all the flaws and inclusions. I'm using it as a representation as a Krayt Dragon pearl.

Still waiting on rods to use to transport wires across the chamber.

Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post

Here is another attempt at a crystal chamber. This one is an original machined round quartz crystal with all the flaws and inclusions. I'm using it as a representation as a Krayt Dragon pearl.

Still waiting on rods to use to transport wires across the chamber.
    @Jediseth - If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy brass tubes and whatever it is you have the crystal sitting in between? I'm working on my first build and I plan on adding a crystal chamber. Thanks in advance.

@Greenie, you mentioned that TCSS had .1875" OD brass tubing that could be used to route the wires through, but all I see are the 3/16" OD brass/aluminum tubing. Are those the tubes you're referring to?

Lastly, I just want to say thanks for all of the info shared in this thread, it's been extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    @Greenie, you mentioned that TCSS had .1875" OD brass tubing that could be used to route the wires through, but all I see are the 3/16" OD brass/aluminum tubing. Are those the tubes you're referring to?

3/16" = 0.1875"

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    @Jediseth - If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy brass tubes and whatever it is you have the crystal sitting in between? I'm working on my first build and I plan on adding a crystal chamber. Thanks in advance.
    The brass parts on the outside appear to be barbed hose fittings. The crystal holder on the left looks like some type of thumbscrew, and the part on the right looks like a LED bezel. Should be able to find most of those items at your local hardware store.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    3/16" = 0.1875"
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    The brass parts on the outside appear to be barbed hose fittings. The crystal holder on the left looks like some type of thumbscrew, and the part on the right looks like a LED bezel. Should be able to find most of those items at your local hardware store.
    Thank rlobrecht & Silver Serpent.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes he's right a bezel and thumb screw. You can also use a Allen head bolt with nuts on one end and then reverse tighten to hold the crystal secure. I have also seen coaxial cable ends that can hold a led on the other end.