Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Ultimate FX vs standard Hasbro sound comparison...

If you have the tools, you can fit any soundboard in just about any hilt. Seeing as the Ultrasabers staff is a direct copy of the ORIGINAL MHS parts sold in the store attached to this forum, I'd have to say that those boards will fit just fine, seeing as people install them in their MHS sabers here almost everyday.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    If you have the tools, you can fit any soundboard in just about any hilt. Seeing as the Ultrasabers staff is a direct copy of the ORIGINAL MHS parts sold in the store attached to this forum, I'd have to say that those boards will fit just fine, seeing as people install them in their MHS sabers here almost everyday.
    Thanks for the reply. That is what i figured. Gonna go ahead and get their cheapest MHS staff and just leave the sound out for now. Might go ahead and get the fx ones and play around a bit with them then after my 90 days is up if i haven't broken anything go ahead and try my hand and adding the sound to the staff from the fx sabers. Is there a big difference in boards and should i spring for the new versions or are some of the older versions better? Sorry to ask so many questions but with my budget every dollar counts but then again I don't want to go half-a$$ on it either.

I know the ones i was playing with in Wal-mart had the swing and clash sensors but didn't notice if they flashed on clash. how hard is that to do?
    and should i worry about that while i'm tinkering or take it one step at a time?

Like i said i'm pretty good with electronics. the laptop i'm on i rebuilt without any prior laptop repair experiance (been fixing computers for years but laptops are a different animal) after watching a video on how to do it once. same for my digital camera and many other gadgets over the years. my only hesitation is alot of precision soldering. a new iron is on my to do list but still last time i soldered regularly was in highschool building those walkman EQ/Amps kits they used to sell so i could sell them for a nice profit. well for a kid anyway LOL

honestly if you haven't bought the staff already., I'd look through the shop here and see what you can put together yourself. might save yourself some money that way.

As far as the sound boards go, the newest ones from the Ultimate FX's seem to be pretty decent. I personally haven't used one yet, but there are a few others that have. They do not do Flash on Clash by themselves, you'd need some extra electronics for that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

honestly if you haven't bought the staff already., I'd look through the shop here and see what you can put together yourself. might save yourself some money that way.

As far as the sound boards go, the newest ones from the Ultimate FX's seem to be pretty decent. I personally haven't used one yet, but there are a few others that have. They do not do Flash on Clash by themselves, you'd need some extra electronics for that.
    My thinking was along the lines of getting one premade and playing around a bit with it before i tinkered. also I figured it would be easier to ADD sound to their setup instead of building from scratch. might just do some comparison shopping and see. maybe look up a good how to video on building a saber and see if i think i could manage it.

In my experience, it's always easier to build from scratch. That way you don't end up trying to fit everything you want into a hilt that may not have been designed for it. You also don't have to spend the time taking it apart before you rebuild it. There's plenty of tutorials here in the "A to Z Build Threads" section, and I personally know a guy on youtube that has a how to video series on his youtube channel.

In my experience, it's always easier to build from scratch. That way you don't end up trying to fit everything you want into a hilt that may not have been designed for it. You also don't have to spend the time taking it apart before you rebuild it. There's plenty of tutorials here in the "A to Z Build Threads" section, and I personally know a guy on youtube that has a how to video series on his youtube channel.
    Ok i'll try and look them up. My only other reason for shoping ultrasaber is i love some of their hilts especially the dark versions. might still get my hilt parts from them if i choose to build from scratch

p.s. nevermind just found the powdercoat section. geek hard-on in progess LMAO
    Last edited by Freakzilla6942; 12-31-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakzilla6942 View Post
    Ok i'll try and look them up. My only other reason for shoping ultrasaber is i love some of their hilts especially the dark versions. might still get my hilt parts from them if i choose to build from scratch

p.s. nevermind just found the powdercoat section. geek hard-on in progess LMAO
    Have you seen the MHS builder yet? http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...mhsbuilder.php

Yeah so far with the powder coating just the hilt is running 160+ lol and that is not for a staff either lol yeah just threw a staff together and looking at almost 400 already. that doesn't include electronics

I posted this in one of my own threads, but thought it should definitely be here, since this seems to be the best "Ultimate FX" thread. I think Hasbro just changed the boards in these sabers. I bought a Vader version about a week ago, and then another just 2 days ago. The one I bought 2 days ago is completely different than the previous 2 I purchased. Here are a couple pics showing the difference between the two:

(Old board on top, new on bottom)
    New Ultimate FX Board 1.jpg New Ultimate FX Board 2.jpg

It's much narrower than the old one, but I'm not sure how we'd wire up the LED wires since there are no holes to solder wires into. I think I'm going to take this back and try to find one of the older ones. Has anyone used one of the newer ones yet?

@jvidamins
    i have not seen this set up in any of the ufx's i bought 3 days ago. only in the luke one actually just not the vader and anakin.