Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: found possible saber crystals?? In the unlikeliest of places

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Wouldn't a real crystal crumble up like that over time with that much power going through it? That would be embarassing during a lightsaber fight to have your crystal crumble and your saber blow up on you. LOL
    Real crystals don't degrade over time, they put out energy of their own. If you remember, they put tiny pieces of quarts crystal in watches.

Yes, crystal oscillators, measured for time accuracy in expensive watches. They are also electronic components.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I was thinking along the lines of Timex. You know "takes a licken, Keeps on ticken."

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

voltage controlled crystal oscillators (VCXOs) are cheap and easy to manufacture stratum 3 to stratum 4 time sources. you just encase them in metal to keep constant pressure on them then run a current over them and count the oscillations to calculate time. they don't put out power - they vibrate when it's applied. these VCXOs are in almost everything - watches, microwaves, clocks, TVs, computers, remotes, mice, phones, game consoles, coffee pots, etc... the wonderful thing about VCXOs is that if you have a higher level stratum timing source, you can slave it to that source and 'train' it to that timing so that if you lose that higher stratum timing source you'll keep that timing for a set amount of time before you have any drift based on what your prior stratum level was.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    they don't put out power
    I didn't say they put power. I said they put out their own energy. The energy I am referring to is more of a life force thing. If you put Quarts Crystals around your house, they help keep the ants and other bugs away. With my faith (Druid), is where my basis of thought.

you can also get plastic crystals at the pet store. limited colours but cheap and easy to modify

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    I didn't say they put power. I said they put out their own energy. The energy I am referring to is more of a life force thing. If you put Quarts Crystals around your house, they help keep the ants and other bugs away. With my faith (Druid), is where my basis of thought.
    and with my religion /wiccan/ i talk to rocks and things on a regular bases - and yes i get responses too, you just have to listen long enough. my desk in my room is partial to Darjeeling (having been spilled on it by a prior occupant) over any other tea that it's had.

as for your energy/power statement, the way you worded it made it sound like you could collect energy from them to me. sorry for the misunderstanding. and please don't think negatively towards me - i'm not one of the numb masses...

Azmaria, first, let me say "Blessed Be". Second, I value your in put to the umpteenth degree. I feel a strong connection to you, with our faiths so close in manner and all. But, enough of that on the forum, PM me if you want to discuss faith further.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Blessings of the Universe upon you love. ^_^

back on topic, i should probably take some pictures of all the rocks and crystals that my mom sent me for the holidays. ^_^ i have quite a few new bits that i really want to put to good use soon.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you remember, they put tiny pieces of quarts crystal in watches.
    If you put Quarts Crystals around your house, they help keep the ants and other bugs away.

It's "quartz". "Quarts" are units of liquid measure.

And "input" is one word.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!