Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just an idea... sound theam

oh, and my first attpent at a better sound system

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    quick follow up to the initial post : damn, windows sound font... :
    Oh, and you'll need a pillow on the saber also, so that the users don't bang their head of frustration !
    That's the beauty of polycarb blades - you can put yourself out of your misery right on the spot!

Oh, and whoever suggested the Mac font - won't work. Since the Mac's don't crash, it would be a pretty boring sounding saber.

-Ryan

hahahahhahahaa!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

at least, with such a speaker, you can use it as is in a riot

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    oh, and my first attpent at a better sound system
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdricks View Post
    Oh, and whoever suggested the Mac font - won't work. Since the Mac's don't crash, it would be a pretty boring sounding saber.
    -Ryan
    I'd say they crash less often. We got one that died a couple of hours before the concert. Recent G5 / Mac intel, the PSU... died. A PhD student had one crashing when he was inserting his headphone jack in the front connector (now we all know what a "kill plug" is).
    I honnestly love macs. I'm sharing the same design point of view, extraordinary good compromise / trade off, not everthing in the look but in the features too, and killing ideas. They gather a community of users too, this is the point I'm the proudest with CF. At the end, despite cost issues, mainly happy users, relevant work, students winning tech fair at school with their lightsabers, people getting more and more involved in sound desing, it's opening oportunities rather than settling each saber maker on his own "little project".
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Hmm... not a bad idea... I suppose if I ever make a second CD, there wouldn't be much harm in adding a font like this for CF.

One thing is for certain: there is *NO* shortage of ideas for these! I'm inundated with them! Transformers, Knight Rider, Tron, DragonBall Z, Matrix, James Bond, "Video Game font", Episode III Sidious, EP III Obi or Ani, Ice Sword, "talking saber", fart saber, and several others are on the list!!

It's a lot to handle, and... I guess one step at a time!
    Ill go for an EpIII Anakin soundfont for sure if you make one up

Everything Erv said earlier is DEFINITELY great about CF! It has certainly united a lot of folks saber-wise... I'm glad to be a decently large part of CF myself.

As to an EP III font, I'm really not certain about what I want to do. I certainly think that a Sidious font is in store, but... I'll be honest, I've only seen the movie like 3 times and I don't even have it on DVD (or VHS for that matter). But yup, I could certainly find a way (I hope!) to make it sound unique of Vader, Maul, etc.

As to an Anakin EP III, it may end up more like a mixture of Obi v Ani since... well, as some might know--when people pair up and duel in the films... the sounds are pretty overlapping.

Without some magic access to Ben Burtt's sound vault--which I would never expect in any way, duh--I'm not 100% certain how things will be pulled either... seeing as music supports them at nearly every turn.

Still... there is this new Force Unleashed game (again... I've not played it, nor really seen/heard it much). Sounds from here might become something people truly wish to hear.

Additionally, there is the new animated Clone Wars movie (again... I've not seen it, do not know anything about it).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

You know there is nothing stopping you from putting a wireless transmitter inside the hilt of the saber. Then you can just broadcast the sound out to your stereo and blast it there

Or if you're gonna take it out on the road, bring a boombox with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    You know there is nothing stopping you from putting a wireless transmitter inside the hilt of the saber. Then you can just broadcast the sound out to your stereo and blast it there

Or if you're gonna take it out on the road, bring a boombox with you.
    Erv has one of those in his shop for folks like nova.

OmniSabers<---- LINK
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    Witty Quote

Spoon fEeD A nOOb

Virus, those have not been available for years, and... they really are not at all practical for something like the Balance of Power performances. There are many reasons as to why, but... believe me, once you think it through--wireless sound for sabers is more of a novelty over much of anything else.

It WOULD be great for a big demo where two (or more) actors are mic'ed (microphones) and basically playing to a crowd: "Hi there, ok, so we're here to demonstrate the xxxxxx and the yyyyyy and some saber moves... here, we'll demonstrate the basics (clash sabers, blah blah)".

Otherwise... for a performance? Not that useful in all honesty.