Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Petit Crouton V3 switch wiring and start up issues

Make sure your batteries are fully charged. They sound like they may be near empty. Also, you should only need to push the main activation switch to turn the saber on, unless you have changed the setting on the PC.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The "Lion roar" sound effect is the boot sound for the gray meat soundfont. It still looks like you need to change the switch setting in the config files.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Okay so let me double check what I should do. First make sure the latching switch is set to NC and the momentary switch is set to NO, fully charge the batteries, and change the settings on the PC to switch=0. Is that all correct?

Quote Originally Posted by zannahishott View Post
    Okay so let me double check what I should do. First make sure the latching switch is set to NC and the momentary switch is set to NO, fully charge the batteries, and change the settings on the PC to switch=0. Is that all correct?
    NO. If you change the wiring, you should not need to change the switch setting. You can do one OR the other. If you do BOTH, you will have the reverse of the same problem you have now. Charging the batteries is still highly recommended.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Okay so leave the wiring as is and make sure switch=1. Ill charge the batteries and try this out and then get back to you guys. I'm sorry I'm being such a noob right now.

Now it's just one thing after another...I put the micro SD card into the adapter and into my computer and it won't let me do anything until I format the drive which would erase everything on the SD card. So I have no idea what to do at this point. Also, could my power up issues be happening because I haven't soldered the wires to the switches and there is a loose connection? I looked over the board quite a bit and I didn't find any bridging. I just have no idea what to do guys.

Well, you need to make a backup of the SD card first and foremost. YES, soldering all the wired together helps A LOT.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines