Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SparrowHawk's "Threnody" KoTOR-Inspired Saber (Lots of Photos!)

Awesome work! I really like the Orgus/Steampunk look you've got going on there!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Very nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Wooh that it an amazing saber! Awesome work man!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Beautiful saber!

Quote Originally Posted by Denz View Post
    Really cool looking. A blend of TOR and steampunk.

-Denzil
    Thanks Denzil! Yep, I looked through a lot of KoTOR and steampunk as design reference, glad it came through!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoy2k View Post
    As everyone has already said, this is a gorgeous saber! I love the ingenuity that was put into your build, and it's cool to see what is possible with a simple tool. I enjoy the backstory you developed as well because it gives the saber a certain sense of identity.
    yoyoy2k, thanks for your kind words! I'm glad the approach and backstory resonates, shaping a saber's identity is really fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Awesome work! I really like the Orgus/Steampunk look you've got going on there!
    Thank you, Starwinder! After seeing ArkLight Arsenal's Orgus Din saber (on YouTube here) and others he built with wood components, I wanted to see how organic and more industrial materials could play off each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Very nice.
    Thanks, ARKM! I've always really admire your work, your Old Republic Sith Assassin double-bladed saber is really inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Wooh that it an amazing saber! Awesome work man!
    Thank you! Glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    Beautiful saber!
    Many thanks!

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Very well done. It has been ages since I've seen a saber that really catches my eye in design, detail, craftsmanship and features. I absolutely love it and would gladly pay an arm and a leg for this. absolutely gorgeous saber.
    Be forgiving of the past, hopeful of the future and mindful of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianofwinds View Post
    Very well done. It has been ages since I've seen a saber that really catches my eye in design, detail, craftsmanship and features. I absolutely love it and would gladly pay an arm and a leg for this. absolutely gorgeous saber.
    Wow, thanks Gaurdianofwinds! I'm humbled. And I'm glad the design resonates with you, I would gladly keep you in mind if I decide to make a small production run. Thanks for your kind words!
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

So well composed! I love the 70s feel to this.

Thanks! The original props in ANH definitely inspired pieces of my design, such as the power level indicator, like some 70s era analog readouts/Death Star control rooms
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Holy cow. Wow.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you bond the aluminum to the PVC?