Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Converting My Old Viper Defender to LED

I used a little bit of epoxy putty to keep it in place.

In an Avalanche, no single snowflake feels responsible.

Hey Fe'Ral, finally got to watching your video of your saber. Nice work, very nice indeed.

I'm with you on the o-rings being old and cracked, I noticed a few of mine are starting to as well.

That accent led is a real pain to get in. My thumb just stopped being sensitive to pressure the other day If you ever decide to replace it, shoot me a pm. I've discovered the secret to putting them in

Overall very nice. Congrats on giving new life to a very beautiful saber.

Maybe once I get a decent camera we can trade pictures of our beatuies

Maverick

Sounds like a plan.

In an Avalanche, no single snowflake feels responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    Hey Fe'Ral, finally got to watching your video of your saber. Nice work, very nice indeed.

I'm with you on the o-rings being old and cracked, I noticed a few of mine are starting to as well.

That accent led is a real pain to get in. My thumb just stopped being sensitive to pressure the other day If you ever decide to replace it, shoot me a pm. I've discovered the secret to putting them in

Overall very nice. Congrats on giving new life to a very beautiful saber.

Maybe once I get a decent camera we can trade pictures of our beatuies

Maverick
    I see that it's been some considerable time since this thread has seen an update. This is my first post in the forums. I'm also looking to mod/upgrade my Viper Defender hilt with new LED electronics so I've been spending a lot of time reading through the forums. I'm just curious if either of you (Fe'Ral or Maverick) have updated pics of your sabers?

Starting out on the journey myself, I would love to see what you've both done (for inspiration!).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by yirmeyahu_cynge View Post
    I see that it's been some considerable time since this thread has seen an update. This is my first post in the forums. I'm also looking to mod/upgrade my Viper Defender hilt with new LED electronics so I've been spending a lot of time reading through the forums. I'm just curious if either of you (Fe'Ral or Maverick) have updated pics of your sabers?

Starting out on the journey myself, I would love to see what you've both done (for inspiration!).

Cheers!
    Welcome to the Forums.

You might have a VERY LONG wait hearing from either one of those members, they haven't been on this forum in years, and also this thread is 7 years old.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for your reply Forgetful Jedi Knight. I didn't really expect a reply since it's been such a long time since anyone has posted in this thread but I had to try. I've been over at the FX Forums as well hoping to come across someone who also have a Viper Defender hilt and has some experience in modding it. It's been pretty difficult so far. It seems like anyone who picked one of these up haven't been active in the communities for some considerable amount of time. If I'm lucky though, maybe someone else will see these comments and reply here or PM me. Cheers!