Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVC Saber 'Memnoch'

Default PVC Saber 'Memnoch'

After finishing my first MHS-style saber, I really wanted to try my hand at PVC. I had a lot of inspiration from different sabersmiths here in the forums, such as Jay-Gon, Darth Midian and HAVOK. This saber took me about a week from start to finish. I fully intend to put in a Red Rebel Star and the 2010 Hasbro Sound Board. The electronics have not been ordered, as you can see I haven't even drilled the switch hole, yet. The switch will go on the black overlay just below the blade screw.

Materials Used:
    1", 1.25", 1.5" PVC plumbing pipe (the 40-Graded type)
    1" PVC plumbing end cap
    3x Rounded 8-32 Screws
    1x Wood Screw with 8-32 inner threading (thanks, Jay-Gon)

Tools Used:
    Black and Decker RTX 3-Speed Rotary Tool
    Hacksaw
    Black and Decker 14.4V Cordless Drill
    Valspar Plastic Paints in Black, Red and Clear Coat
    220-Grit Sandpaper

No other tools (drill press, table saw, etc) were used in the production of this hilt.

Its probably too late, but the roundedness of the emitter contrasts your sithlike hilt, I would suggest redremeling it to act as a spine. So have the same basic shape but have the bottom part come to a point. It would look much more sithlike. But other than that the dremelwork is amazing and it is a great looking saber, can't wait to see it finished.
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think you could have used some better looking screws, but other than that, I like it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Good job! I'm not sure that suggestion makes it any more or less sith but still not a bad idea.

Apparently this year stylized PVC sabers and elaborate crystal chambers are in.

I like it. Besides the color of red, great pvc hilt.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

I don't lknow about some of the suggestions, but I really like this saber! Good job!

As far as PVC sabers go, you got yourself a winner right there!
    Not sure how a switch will work right below the blade retention screw though...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I like it! Crystal you're right, PVC is taking off!
    I concur that some button head screws could be used for a less "earth-like" effect, but its entirely up to you.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I think you could have used some better looking screws, but other than that, I like it.
    Yeah, it's all I could find in 8-32 at Lowes that didn't look COMPLETELY rediculous. I plan on changing them out for a black annodized look, later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I like it. Besides the color of red, great pvc hilt.
    It's actually a really good color in person, my stupid camera didn't do it justice. It looks semi-pink in the pictures and its really a nice deep red.

Quote Originally Posted by mihunai View Post
    As far as PVC sabers go, you got yourself a winner right there!
    Not sure how a switch will work right below the blade retention screw though...

mTm
    I'm putting the switch there to hold the LED assembly in place via a suggestion by Jay-Gon. I may switch to a Lux I if it gets too hot. And if the blade retention screw is too close, I can always put a screw there and move it up higher on the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I like it! Crystal you're right, PVC is taking off!
    I concur that some button head screws could be used for a less "earth-like" effect, but its entirely up to you.
    Yeah, I agree. It's a work in progress, so I might make some changes before the final product is released (blade and all).

Seth that looks awesome. Good design, nice clean cuts, edges look smooth, good job. I like the name, are you an Anne Rice fan? Memnoch the Devil was an awesome book.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 08-20-2010 at 07:51 AM.