Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

Nice! I like the design. I'm also working on a similar challenge for my six year old, Isabella, using various scrap ally tubing I've acquired. Again, about 8" + the BH and with a 28mm ID. Cram-fu makes me creative
    I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can. As some little dude said 'try not, do or do not'

2015-12-07 19.57.24.jpg
    Gold and Chrome with green blade and accent LED.

Drew more POV's of it. Still missing emitter and pommel view.
    2015-12-07 22.29.26.jpg
    Last edited by Thorgal Pain; 12-07-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    SON OF A SITH!

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgal Pain View Post
    2015-12-07 19.57.24.jpg
    Gold and Chrome with green blade and accent LED.

Drew more POV's of it. Still missing emitter and pommel view.
    2015-12-07 22.29.26.jpg
    Oooh, really liking this one!

Its just a first draft but so far this is the one i like best.
    Already made a few changes, i will post more pics as the project progresses.

Final draft
    2015-12-09 12.09.29.jpg
    Last edited by Thorgal Pain; 12-09-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    SON OF A SITH!

Hi all!

First time posting. Working on a design for my second saber. This is what I have so far.

Short Graflex pins on the BH (still need to confirm the feasibility of milling a flat spot on the BH for the pins). The activation box will hold the AV 16mm short brass switch (unlit), auxiliary switch 20, and an accent LED with custom brass housing in place of the RICE port. The bottom half of the hilt will be leather wrapped. Thinking of going with the Warlock Gray, Black Wrinkle, or just some basic weathering on the gray MHS pieces. Need to confirm being able to modify the sleeve material to accommodate the leather wrap, and possibly the choke. I'm still working on the crystal chamber design, and I'm considering using a friend's 3D printer to make a custom chassis to try a full reveal.

Edit: Image links fixed. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by ndknoy; 02-05-2016 at 09:25 AM.

links are no good.

maybe try opening them up for public view.. and embedding them into the post.. so people dont have to go off site to see what your talking about.

gave up on google drive and just used photobucket...what's another account under my name

Quote Originally Posted by ndknoy View Post
    gave up on google drive and just used photobucket...what's another account under my name
    looks good. a little on the long side perhaps. (but I suppose thats all personal preference)

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    looks good. a little on the long side perhaps. (but I suppose thats all personal preference)
    Thanks! I'm excited to start ordering parts. I go back and forth on the length, but longer hilts have always been my preference so I'm just going with it for now. Can always change it later.

Dude that's slick as hell! Do you mind if I ask what program you're using?