Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: They say it couldn't be done. Ladies and Gentlemen. THE BLADE BLADE!!

Default They say it couldn't be done. Ladies and Gentlemen. THE BLADE BLADE!!

Well I think I have done it. In some small way I have done it. I think I have a passable BLACK BLADE. Not selling till I perfect this technique. Just want info from the community.
    Same as the others, acrylic and just for cosplay. I think I need to work on my etching. I don't like this style or look like I thought I would, but I hope to make a better version in the future. The process wasn't done here at my home, so the means to make them are hard to get to. But not hard to do. What'cha think? Black Blade? Or no.

I hope you like. Thanks.

I wouldn't call it a "Black Blade" per se, it is more of a "Dark saber blade". I like the effect and your effort.

What many refer to as a black blade is a solid black core with various "aura" colors around it, which has been established by current physics as not possible to do.

NOTE TO ALL: I will be watching this thread CAREFULLY to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The core is black. The light is white. Black blade? Black core? Not a real blade of course. But I think I am SUPER close, if not got it. I see a black core. IDK

Example of what many consider a "Black blade":

http://tor.zamimg.com/uploads/images/14808.jpg

What you are making is more like a Pre-Vizula type "Dark Saber" blade, though yours still shows a lot of light in the "core area".

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...aBaldy-SWE.jpg
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-04-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

The one on the left is sick. Looks just like the Clone Wars. Mind if I ask, to get that fine of pattern in the black, did you mask it all off by hand or did you have the blade Hydro Dipped?

"Black Blade" or "Dark Saber Blade", either way you have a very cool looking showpiece there. I think once you've finalized your process and make them looking as good as you'd like, then you'll have quite a number of people interested in those.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Certainly looks like a Dark Saber to me.

Well done.

I agree it looks great, and to me looks like a Pre-Vizula blade as well. That's a very hard thing to do though. Good Job!

Ok. I missunderstood. Black blade is not the same as a Pre-Vizula blade. This was to be a pre- viz blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Ok. I missunderstood. Black blade is not the same as a Pre-Vizula blade. This was to be a pre- viz blade.
    Yes, and it came out pretty well. Just needs a little less light in some areas and "black" along what would be the blade edge.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines