Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wokring on my first build Any help would be appreciated.

Don't you already have two other topics on the forums regarding this saber of yours? Really, one is enough.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Im just trying to get as much help as possible is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Plexus View Post
    Im just trying to get as much help as possible is all.
    You got plenty of help here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...appreciated%29

Why don't you be patient and let some of the members here have some time to respond to your posts before you start another topic asking the same thing? It's just good forum etiquette and is also mentioned in the forum's Guidelines found here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rs-please-read
    Posting multiple topics regarding the same topic is considered spamming.

If you want help with something, you'll need to be more specific in your questions....just asking "give me some advice" is a little vague.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I apologize. I've been working on this like its my job and at the time I was frustrated. Sorry, I know others are busy as well.

Ask a specific question... and someone will help.

lets start now.. do you have a first question, that is specific?

sfsfsfsfs.jpg

For the hilt at the very bottom, I would like to install a crystal chassis and still have room to give it the electronics for sound and and LED setup. How can I go about doing this? What pieces can I use for a crystal chassis? What is a good electronics setup, because I noticed that the hilt is kind of uneven and may not hold it all, which in that case, I can extend it.

Well there is no 'definite' answer.. as it all comes down to taste and personal preference...

what we can provide is tips or tricks or suggestions to help you find what works for 'you'

That being said.. there are several 'builder snafu's' that people should be aware when planning the internals.

1.) chokes have smaller ID than other/normal MHS parts..
    2.) ribbed sections have a smaller ID than other/normal MHS parts..

what does this mean to you? it means that things like battery packs, soundboards..etc need to be carefully planned and measured. As most will NOT fit in there..

your bottom saber is roughly 11" or so? give or take? yes? however the choke severely limits what you can put in there.. (if anything)..

(its best to have chosen/picked out your internals and try to see what fits and what does not.. when you hit a road bump.. re-evalute on the part(s) in questions and see what can be swapped out.)

So for example..lets say you want to use a PC1.6 soundboard... what battery solution are you going with? and more specifically what batteries (size) are you going to be using a single 18650 battery? will fit in the choke.. but isnt the "BEST" solution for powering the PC soundboard IMHO..

PC might fit in ribbed...(need to check).. batteries might fit in lower 2" section going into choke a bit..

this leaves the other aspect of your question..

crystal chamber? where you plan or want this?

is this a crystal chamber ONLY see when you pull out the insides? or is this a constantly visible crystal chamber that have a cut-out/window to display it?

these eat up precious room, that you already have little of.

As far as crystal chambers go.. again there is no set answer..or right or wrong for that matter. its what you see in your head and how you go about making it a reality.

your basic crystal chambers consist of chassis disks.. acrylic or aluminum (as in the TCSS store).. threaded rod and small OD/ID brass/aluminum rods/tubes.
    brass/aluminum tubing
    4-40 threaded rod (or whatever size you need)
    chassis disks
    leds
    crystal

Couple with some leds and a either an acrylic or quartz crystal mounted in there.

I suggest searching and reviewing MANY of the builds here. to get tips and ideas on how they did theirs... and how they tackled/overcame certain obstacles of making a crystal chamber.. (such as hiding to snaking wires past the crystal)....etc

removing the choke with a longer extension piece will help alot of your problems..

hope this helps.

Some re-use old computer hard drive parts to dress up their chambers.. some make custom pieces/parts for theirs.

Thanks a bunch. That actually did help because I was worried about the choke.
    The crystal Iwill be seen only when I extend the hilt, Which I was planning to chamber inside of the ribbed extension. But I believe I will have to rethink that. I seen slothfurnace's Luke ROTJ build, and thats what I want to go for. If I can draw the pieces you've listed now, I think I can do it. But now I think Im best off planning my internal layout before my external.

Here is a modified version of what I have. I changed the choke, Extended the bottom half of the hilt, and gave myself an internal view for reference.

Internal View.jpg

Do you think this is a bit more flexible to work with? Im dead set on this design so Im determined to see this through. However I also need to make sure my dimensions are correct before I jump in to anything. Im going to search some forums for electronics.
    Last edited by Darth_Plexus; 12-13-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Additions

Sloth's extending chassis is VERY complex and only he knows just how he did it. I would recommend not doing a crystal chamber let alone an extending chassis for your first saber unless you have a good deal of experience with machining and electronics fabrication.

Okay. Im just gonna focus on giving it sound and life. Thats enough to keep me satisfied for a few months.