View Poll Results: 2018 TCSS SABER CONTEST - VOTE FOR THE WINNER!

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • REGEL

16 28.57%
  • EVAN' MHS WINDU

1 1.79%
  • RELIANT

2 3.57%
  • EVICERUS

0 0%
  • FORGOTTEN HERO

8 14.29%
  • THE PANTER

10 17.86%
  • RESONAT VICTORIA

0 0%
  • LUKE VARIANT

1 1.79%
  • HAI YA

0 0%
  • UNNAMED SABER

18 32.14%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2018 tcss contest - poll

I see, thanks and thanks Onli-Won!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    ...or a kid has a rad saber! In my case. i don't sting, I learn! This contest was awesome. I still want to know who did the Panther. There were several sabers that were standouts, but Panther, Greenie's, and Jediseth's were all very very stiff competition.

Tom
    Wow thank you Tom! I honestly don’t see myself in the same league as you skilled builders here... I just thought I had made a nice looking saber so what the heck?!
    I don’t have a build log... just pics on my phone and a few on my Facebook page. I wish I’d been able to show off the soundfont I customized. It’s based on nextor but I reworked it to be a full Black Panther font.
    I cut the shroud out with my Dremel, along with the “panther eye” shaped window. Metal mesh grill is used to hide the crystal when off.
    The shroud once cut, was sent to dale of Shadowcrest for the amazing etch. I asked for the panther helmet to be front and center and helmet designs along the spine. I painted the body to match T’challas kinetic energy suit.

Here’s a link to hear the audio I did.
    Thanks again everyone!

https://youtu.be/mzQlJrJhvlE

Blog Entries

Congrats all. Great job!
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Who made Hai Ya and Resonat Victoria? Some awesome ideas on those two, such as the hose clamp instead of the typical graflex ring around the blade. And the holes in the blade holder style 25. I'm gonna have to borrow those ideas.

How do the prizes get claimed for this ?
    I need to order some stuff for a build I’m in the middle of ! ����

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hdjoe View Post
    How do the prizes get claimed for this ?
    I need to order some stuff for a build I’m in the middle of ! ����
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...l=1#post275702
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Who made Hai Ya and Resonat Victoria? Some awesome ideas on those two, such as the hose clamp instead of the typical graflex ring around the blade. And the holes in the blade holder style 25. I'm gonna have to borrow those ideas.
    The Resonat Victoria was a my entry in lue of parts not arriving in time to finish the more exciting saber I had been planning (don't get me wrong -I love Resonat Victoria and consider it my 'personal' saber. But it was never intended to be flashy or exciting per se, just simple and elegant. Something carried by an average knight-level force user, not the sort of saber a full master would craft/carry). I'll try to remember to finally write up a post for it in the next few days and include a few pictures that didn't make it to the contest due to the rules on the number of pics.

The holes in the blade holder I drilled at roughly ("eyeballed" it) 45degree angles to allow a more moderate amount of light bleed (again I was going for a more subtle look) and that also allows the light to come through nicely when the blade plug is in (since the blade plug was made to end just below the actual holes). That particular blade holder actually makes the whole process pretty simple since the grooves machined in it by Tim are basically just asking to have holes drilled at their base.

I'm glad that idea helped you refine what you want to do in your own build and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Good sabering!

-Congrats to the winners and all the contestants! Some real nice sabers posted. Choosing the one to cast my vote for was difficult.

Also, thanks again to FJK for running the contest. It was fun to get a chance to enter. I'm already looking forward to the next contest whenever that comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Mine was Hai' Ya. I was waiting for someone to identify the hose clamp It is secured by the screws of the bunny ears.

Congrats to all participants.

I'm gonna have to do some simple weathering to mine - I figure bowling the hilt down my driveway 5 times, painting the grip area, then some wet sanding would be a start, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooky Mawnster View Post
    Mine was Hai' Ya. I was waiting for someone to identify the hose clamp It is secured by the screws of the bunny ears.

Congrats to all participants.

I'm gonna have to do some simple weathering to mine - I figure bowling the hilt down my driveway 5 times, painting the grip area, then some wet sanding would be a start, no?
    Lol, that would give it a weathered look, very natural appearance. I’m an artist and I’ve kicked my painting across the driveway before or tossed them wet into the weeds.

The contest winners should check their PM’s, the instructions to get your prize are in there. You can contact me if there are questions.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com