Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Which side do you wear your saber on?

come to think of it, where does Kyle Katarn draw his saber from in cutscenes?? (such as the cantina on Nar Shadaa) he doesn't have it on his belt!

You could always stuff it in the waistband like Luke in ROTJ or Yoda, looks nice and snug in there then and easy to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieJedi View Post
    come to think of it, where does Kyle Katarn draw his saber from in cutscenes?? (such as the cantina on Nar Shadaa) he doesn't have it on his belt!

You could always stuff it in the waistband like Luke in ROTJ or Yoda, looks nice and snug in there then and easy to draw.
    He wears it on a bandolier on his back.

I wear my sabers on my left side, mostly because this is where I draw real swords.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

depends on how it hangs for me actually, I have one that hangs emitter down which I prefer to wear on my right hip, and one that hangs emitter up which I wear left front, it comes from how I draw, I use the metal covertech clips from the show which allow a single handed draw so it comes down to how my hand naturally orients when drawing.

Real swords don't turn on after they are drawn.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I can't believe I started this thread a year and a half ago, and it's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomMenace View Post
    But Luxeons have a blade.

the point is, it's much more comfy and easier to reach across your waist to get your saber from your left belt side.
    My problem is that I have a lot of waist to reach around. It's a whole lot easier to grab it off the right side, like a gunslinger would draw a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I can't believe I started this thread a year and a half ago, and it's still going.

My problem is that I have a lot of waist to reach around. It's a whole lot easier to grab it off the right side, like a gunslinger would draw a pistol.
    but the way a lightsaber is made to hang doesn't take the blade into account, in a real waste drawn sword such as a saber or katana, the saber hangs in the hilt with the blade weighting it down, and the hilt itself sticks up along the line of the blade giving you a nice handle to grab the sticks right away from your wast toward your swordarm.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomMenace View Post
    what is it 1 metre worth of waist?

you can allways store your saber on a carrying harness.
    I was just poking a little fun at myself. A little self deprecating humor. I've gained a few pounds this winter, and have some work to do to get rid of it. However, I don't think I'm so far gone that I need to design a special harness to carry my saber.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

So how well do the Covertech buttons and clips (metal or otherwise) hold the hilt onto your belt? Can you safely run around at full tilt without worrying about losing your saber?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    So how well do the Covertech buttons and clips (metal or otherwise) hold the hilt onto your belt? Can you safely run around at full tilt without worrying about losing your saber?
    so far as ive used mine (i dont have any costumes as of yet) the covertech clips in and holds really good. i cant imagine it coming loose unless you either dont put it in all the way or you manage to press the release buttons someohow