Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Re: Wiring picture

Quote Originally Posted by yattle
    Can you show a picture of the rest of the wiring IE the switch,buck puck, and battery pack please?
    yattle
    There are wiring diagrams for the micro puck out there...

It's just like a buckpuck. Put a switch on one of the power leads and orange and green is the LED leads.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

eh, yung'uns!

Always in a rush, never willing to take the time to read, not like the old days, huh, X?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin
    not like the old days, huh, X?
    What old days??? No one seems to put in the effort... ever.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Actually, I do happen to have a picture:

I find it sometimes helps out when doing something for the first time to have a picture to use as a guide.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default Thank you for your picture of your wiring!!!!!

I have read the other information in the Forums and wanted to see it all in one piece. In addition there were some wiring diagrams in the schematics and drawings for the LED which are missing now
    yattle

Default PVC Hilt

This is my one handed attempt at building a PVC saber. I borrowed designs from Ultrasabers Kids sabers, and Jay-gon's PVC sabers. This is a PVC hilt, built from parts found at Lowe's. It runs on a Lux 1 with no heatsink, a basic reflector for the lense, switch and battery holder from TCSS and a micro puck from LEDsupply.

I can only take 25% credit for this. I have only one working hand, smashed my right hand in a compression vice when I was 12, and it still there, but i have very little feeling in it and I only have about 40% use of it. My friend Mike helped me signicantly with the wiring and basically did all of it. He also sanded them down for me to paint. Thanks for your help man. Also, Jay-gon's help with certain parts were a huge help.

For those of you looking at the pvc wondering how did i hold the blade so nicely. I used aluminum tape on the inside of the blade holder and just put four or five layers, until the blade was more firm inside the holder. I aslo have an 8-32 set screw in it.

Oh and Jay-gon-Thanks a ton. This wouldn't have happened had it not been for your example and assistance with the set screw.

I am also working on a dark side hilt, I'll have more on the once its painted.
    Last edited by JediKnightBJ; 07-12-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Images didn't work.

That didn't turn out too bad for a one-armed Jedi! What size tube pvc pipe did you use for that? I used 1", which means it has a 1" inside diameter...the 1" polyarbonate tubes we use for blades fit right in there pretty snug. If you used a larger size, that might be why the blade was such a loose fit.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I did use 1" PVC. I just figured out the blade problem though. Most of my blades were sanded down on the last 2" so that they can fit inside the MHS blade holders. I got simple new PolyC tubes and they are snug. I have now made two curved, this straight one, and a tonfa. I'm going to try some crazier things later this month.

thanks again for all your help.

PS>Mike thanks for the two handed man assistance.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    What old days??? No one seems to put in the effort... ever.
    Thats not 100% true, only about 95%.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!