Thread: How many volts does the Hasbro sound board take?

Default How many volts does the Hasbro sound board take?

I was thinking of wiring up a Hasbro sound board separately to the rest of the saber (partly to avoid all the confusing connections I have to make between accent LEDs, momentary switches, recharge ports etc), and I need to know, what voltage does the board take (including clash sensor and speakers and stuff).
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

"Scientia postestas est". Knowledge is power.

Proto1b: Dark Gold

Council Member
    Sith Lord

3V is fine for a hasbro. I think they can take 4.8, but my memory is foggy on that
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thanks man. I'm just trying to figure out a schematic for wiring my sound board to the main power source after all, I don't suppose you know of a schematic with a Hasbro and no Corbin driver?
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Even though 2 recharge ports and 2 switches would look cool... btw, do you suggest a momentary or a latching switch for the sound board?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Hasbro cards have to have a momentary switch. Corbin boards can use either.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!