Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hey all looking for opinions here

Default hey all looking for opinions here

hey all, finally got my saber parts back from the powder coater and i need help figuring some stuff out. should i powder the blade holder black to match the choke or leave it be, i still have to figure out where to put my blade screw/s to hold it in. my only reason for this is, im not the most awesome drill/tapper so im worried i may scratch the blade holder when making the holes for the blade. so if indeed i do scratch it id have to paint it, but if i dont totally jack it up i could leave it the way it is. anyways just curious on what you guys think if i should leave it plain or powder it. here ya go, and ty in advance.

Jhadious Aran

i think it looks good like that,wat color is the blade going 2 be?
    >

going with royal blue atm, some of my friends are saying it looks to sith like so may end up red, but thats a loooooooooong ways away cause blue is still my favorite
    Jhadious Aran

I think i t looks good like that. I will look too clunky with a black blade holder. If you did change the blade holder color, I would say go gold, the contrast with the blue against it would look great and it would help alleviate some of the sithi-ness. I personally would also go with a set screw over a thumb screw, especially if you drill a little wonky, that way it really doesn't show. If you are going to duel alot or display it with the blade in, the inconvenience on needing a allen wrench to remove the blade. Good luck, I am looking forward to seeing which way you go with it.

Hey i noticed your saber looks an awful lot like my other WIP. Here's what i've got done with my blade holder retention screw:

I did notice after some rough use that this particular screw seems to wiggle loose.
    Looking good though!
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I would use a set screw (10-32 http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/10...rew--P181.aspx) that way, you don't have to be exact and the screw will not be obvious. I agree with Dru-Er on the placement. I like the color scheme as-is.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's kind of low for a blade retention screw though, if you're going to be dueling with it. It would be better and safer to be higher on the blade holder, but not as asthetically pleasing.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I would have to agree. I would leave it the way it is. It adds contrast to it this way.

awesome, thanks for the posts all i appreciate it.
    titoshi - gold you say, hmm that might actually not be a bad idea i'll have to paper that out and see what that looks like interesting! it'll be duel worthy, and i dont mind carrying around an allen wrench, lol thats what the wifes purse is for :P

Master Dru-Er - really? sweet i guess great minds think alike, i was teetering on the straight blade holder that has the windows, but the wife liked this one the best so i went with the current one.

Lord Dottore Matto- awesome thanks for the link to the screws, saves me time rifling through the shop to find them.

Jedi-Loreen - i dont mind some sticking outtage but i would probably do 2 so that it looked "Balanced" on both sides if that makes sense?

Lord_Jericho, Tyvm

to all of you, i appreciate the honesty and it is much appreciated Ascarion will soon be finished! again, ty all.

May the force be with you...
    Jhadious Aran

I think you should get the switch section, the blade holder and pommel all media blasted. It will not make any blemishes you make obvious, and I like the "aged" look it gives. My friend's Obi Wan ep I has it, and it looks amazing.
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

"Scientia postestas est". Knowledge is power.

Proto1b: Dark Gold