Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like on buttered toast V4.x?

Makes sense. I know the last batch sold out super quick though I'd hate to miss out on the five minute buying window. :P

As I posted on page 92 0f this thread, Make sure you are on his mailing list(register for news letter) that way you will get an email with updates on what time and date he will put the new batch up for sale. Remember that it will be France time, not USA time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I did when I first started this whole saber building odyssey.

I'm on his list too.
    If nothing else, maybe some of the lucky ones that get the shiny new v4.2 model will be willing to sell an earlier board to those of us with none. I don't mind not having the latest, I just want working sound and light.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Default board

well the card has a CF reader and may be possible to do with an amtel chip. I am looking through circuits now. Simple and cheap would be LED flasher with a sound module. there are simple cell phone and mp3 player circuits as well. It looks like the Crystal Focus was engineered for a specific audience and the price of parts and labor is more than fair. So, you are right CF wins hands down.

On the next release f CF V#, I would like an setting in the config file for volume control. no fragile pantometer to worry about.

volume=1-10

99.9 percent of us use the premium speaker from TCSS, so why not have it set up internally and save space on the board.

/0.02 cents

Hola Roys... how goes your CF?

As to the volume parameter... well... it HAS indeed been suggested before, and *I* even double-checked with Erv on why he never did that. To make a long story short, it's just not feasible for him to do--it would actually complicate things more than you believe, and take MORE room on the board.

HOWEVER... for those who dearly want a volume control that they can manipulate on the OUTSIDE of the saber... put a (well-calibrated) POT over you speaker leads. Mount it where you like. Done.

Personally, I have never found the potentiometers on the boards to be fragile.

-----------------------

For folks who want VERY SIMPLE light + sound... I would ***NEVER*** suggest CF. It's simply too complicated and requires work.

For "simple, easy, quick" sound + light... I suggest the SW-616 board (although the hilt is garbage as we know).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Okay, here's a feature request. I have no way of knowing what the practicality of such a thing is, but I thought I'd mention it. Note that I have no electronics training, so this is all wishful thinking for a V5, V6 or later of the CF.

In this thread:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5455
    It's discussed how cool it is when a saber is extended slowly for dramatic tension. Like a warrior slowly drawing a blade from the scabbard.

What I'm requesting is the option to solder an external potentiometer to a saber to control the speed at which a blade extends. If the pot' is all the way up, then it's at the default for the settings on the SD card, but maybe it can be turned down to slow the advance of the blade when it would be dramatic to do so?
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The extension and retraction is based on the length of the sounds used. That's been in since V2 something? Want a long extension just put in a long sound.

Now being able to do both is a different story... maybe then you could have the aux button trigger the alternate extension sound. I'm not sure how feasible that is as that's kind of in use by the on/off protect.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Donovan--it's not as simple as a POT for the CF board... so that wouldn't work.

What X-Wing is suggesting is correct--adjust the poweron's sound length for a longer "ramping" effect. Nothing could be more well-demonstrated than loading in my "Ancient Saber" or "Phoenix Pyre" fonts. Even the newer "Nano Deus Tachi" font ramps in slowly.

Other suggestions:
    * Different sound font for different ramping (one "long" poweron sound, the other "short")

* Have a quick poweron sound, but... add a portion of the hum sound into the END of your poweron... and you'll get a longer ramping, although the saber will seem to have finished it's poweron sound.

It's always nice if people try OTHER sound fonts (some old versions still available on Erv's site), or the N-Star CD first to get an idea of how the light driving can be "guided" with different sounds and different parameters.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide