Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Airsofters wanted

I don't wanna derail the thread too much, but I had a quick question for the resident Airsoft experts. Is the Cybergun Thompson worth the money? I'm sure the TM one is, but I'm not really up to spending the money. (I'm also a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I figure if I'm gonna do some airsofting why not make use of my costume and a period gun )

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but unless you're positive it'll stand up to the punishment, I wouldn't take a costume out airsofting. (Granted, I tend to get a bit more... energetic than others might when airsofting.) My only exceptions would be my Stargate SG-1 costumes, mostly because those are made from rip-stop nylon, just like summer-weight BDUs and DCUs. More often than not, though, I'd be in DCUs.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Bantha View Post
    I don't wanna derail the thread too much, but I had a quick question for the resident Airsoft experts. Is the Cybergun Thompson worth the money? I'm sure the TM one is, but I'm not really up to spending the money. (I'm also a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I figure if I'm gonna do some airsofting why not make use of my costume and a period gun )
    I've not used the Cybergun version yet, but even the TM one has a slight problem. Because of the design of the Thompson involves a seperate outer barrel and receiver, the outer barrel tends to be rather 'wobbly', which can make a hash of your aiming and just feels rather flimsy.

I think there are some all-metal versions available, but I couldn't comment on how reliable the internals are. You could also consider an MP40, as old Indy did seem to get involved with the Nazis quite often .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

I just wanted to add that I've been doing most of my shopping on Evike.com because I like there quality control and there speed of service is unbeatable. With that said, Evike.com has stopped carrying Classic Army AEG's because they have been farmed out to china and there are better chinese clones out there now. Here's what they say....

"This item is discontinued because we believe there is no more reason to buy a CA at this price for the following reason:
    It is now made in China and a JG / Matrix / Echo 1 is same or better quality control with higher FPS.
    If you want to pay over $200, we recommend a Japanese or Taiwanese A.E.G. (G&G, SRC, KWA...)"

So think about this before purchasing a CA.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    Not to burst your bubble or anything, but unless you're positive it'll stand up to the punishment, I wouldn't take a costume out airsofting. (Granted, I tend to get a bit more... energetic than others might when airsofting.) My only exceptions would be my Stargate SG-1 costumes, mostly because those are made from rip-stop nylon, just like summer-weight BDUs and DCUs. More often than not, though, I'd be in DCUs.
    It should do pretty well, the pants are just some cheap walmart khakis that I was looking to dirty up anyway, and if they become irreparably damaged, it wouldn't be too bad to replace them, and the boots are some sturdy leather workboots that'll hold up to just about anything. The good part about Indy is that his stuff is all functional . I usually just play with a few friends anyway, so nothing intense.

Hay darth I think I know why they did that....I looked at some G&G guns and They ar epricy and I think its the markup they are doing on them guns. From what I have heard CA and TM are one of the best companys for the price and online stores are not going to be abel to put much markup on them.

The cheapest star gun ive seen was 400$ where as Iam only looking for something in the 250$ range.

No reasion to buy a CA WTF are they smoking!

But aside the point Iam thinking of getting a G3, It may be my second love cause of COD4 and I rather like the styling. reminds me of a slightly larger mp5 somewhat.

BTW I got another question.....I get how airsoft guns work but how do the shotgun and thump guns work with the shells that hold the bbs? How do thoes work? Iam thinking down the road of getting an m203 and put it under the g3.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 08-11-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    BTW I got another question.....I get how airsoft guns work but how do the shotgun and thump guns work with the shells that hold the bbs? How do thoes work? Iam thinking down the road of getting an m203 and put it under the g3.
    M203 grenades are just big gas cylinders with a dump valve. You load it up with anything from 24-210 BBs and give it a fill of Green gas, then load it into your launcher ready for use. The BBs are held in place by an O-ring that just intrudes in to the loading tubes, and when the valve at the back of the shell is pressed in.. BOOOOF! You have a loud-ish bang and a white cloud of BBs flying outwards . You can get some shells (the Madbull HP ones) that can handle CO2 as a propellant, and these will out-power and out-range my AEGs . Not to be used at close range methinks... There is also a TM M203 that takes their shotgun shells, but to be honest, it's not worth the effort just to fire 3 BBs per shot.

As for the shotgun shells, it really depends on which model of shotgun you're using. The TM M3 is a spring powered shottie that uses three BBs per shot from a 30 round spring-fed shell magazine. Others use internal gas resevoirs and hollow shells that just hold 4 or 5 BBs, the gas being vented directly through the shell when fired. The last kind is like a mini gas grenade, holding a small charge of gas and 1-5 BBs in the shell body. The last one I guess is the most realistic, but also the most expensive, due to the design of the gun and the complexity of the shells.

Also if you lose a TM 30 round shell, it'll only cost a couple of $ to replace, lose a gas one and you're looking at about $30 .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

Sweet, thanks for informing me how they work.

I think at some point iam going to get me this. Its the only one I seen that comes with a forgrip that has a rail, so thats already done. But I couldent see if its got a rail up top for a scope or red dot.

I hate iron sites with a passion

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=2503

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    I think at some point iam going to get me this. Its the only one I seen that comes with a forgrip that has a rail, so thats already done. But I couldent see if its got a rail up top for a scope or red dot.

I hate iron sites with a passion

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=2503
    It's based on a standard G3 so it won't have the Weaver rail along the top of the receiver, you'll have to buy a claw mount to go with it. However, if you want a gun with rails why not take a look at...

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=3700

It has an all-metal body, shoots just as hard, will take all the standard STANAG magazines, has metal gears, oh, and it's cheaper . The only downside might be thin paint, if it is painted, otherwise JG guns are pretty good. Classic Army still suffer from poor internals.