Thread: Cutting and Drilling, Diffusion, etc.

Default Cutting and Drilling, Diffusion, etc.

So I just got 24 feet of polycarbonate tube in the mail (2 eight foot lengths of 1" and 8 feet of 1/2" for protecting the inner string of LEDS). I have all the other parts I need to put together a rudimentary LED string saber. I just need to know what tools I need to cut and drill holes (for screws) in polycarbonate (unless there's another way of holding the blade that I'm not aware of) as well as what kinds of bits/blades are appropriate for drilling/cutting sink tubes. Finally, I would also like to know of any good diffusers you could recommend that I might be able to make with household materials (I've heard that gift wrap is good from Novastar).

Thank you for you help (in advance!) as always! I will post pictures of a crude (no sound/scroll effect) blue LED string saber when finished as well as report on its duelability (again, my soldering sucks, my techniques suck, and the final project may suck- but I'm probably the worst aspiring sabersmith out there, so if you're thinking about making one of these don't be discouraged).

The LED string saber is half the basis of my next project, a special kind of blade that I let on about earlier... (I'll probably end up being disappointed on that one, though X_X)
    Last edited by Vardarac; 08-06-2008 at 07:55 PM.
    Ore no kono te ga makka ni moeru!
    Shouri wo tsukameto todoroki sakebu!
    BaaaaAAAAKUNETSU!
    GOOOOODUUU FINGAAAAAAAAAA!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Jeez, way to start out with a positive attitude.

If you start out thinking that it's probably going to suck, then it probably will.

Take a positive outlook, and give it your best shot. Check out Erv's soldering tutorial on You Tube, and practice your soldering before you try it on the real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdnGUMi7lQ

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Jeez, way to start out with a positive attitude.

If you start out thinking that it's probably going to suck, then it probably will.

Take a positive outlook, and give it your best shot. Check out Erv's soldering tutorial on You Tube, and practice your soldering before you try it on the real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdnGUMi7lQ
    The thing's already soldered up, just not well. It seems to work just fine, though.
    BaaaaAAAAKUNETSU!

If you think you're the worst solderer here, I'll gladly PM you some of my wiring pics, lol.
    as brilliant and concise as the above post is, it won't save you any money on car insurance.

This idea of dual tubes and LED's strings is starting to sound EXACTLY like the Hyperblade.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    This idea of dual tubes and LED's strings is starting to sound EXACTLY like the Hyperblade.
    Incidentally, someone advertising for the Hyperblade made a rather out-of-place comment on a thread I made on the Candlepower Forums.

Remember that dual-core setups have also been used by Corbin in standard sabers in the past.

Please just wait and see what I do with it, first...
    BaaaaAAAAKUNETSU!