Thread: Buck puck with corbin driver ?

Default Buck puck with corbin driver ?

Ok, I know that if you take two 700mA pucks and put them in parallel you get 1400mA. What I'd like to know is if you take a 700mA puck and corbin's driver and put them in parallel will you get 1700mA (1900mA with clash)? Also if you do get 1700mA out, is that going to make magic smoke appear from the LED? Specificaly(sp?) will it toast a red lux III, K2, or a P4? I know overdriving the LED will shorten it's life, but will the 1700mA(or 1900mA) kill it?

I'm pretty sure that wont work , i dont think the 2 drivers wold play nice together, I was told mixing a 1000 puck with a 700 puck would not work, so I would assume this would be the same. I dont think you would fry the LED just shorten its life.

Overdriving by half susposidly shortens its life by half. But still thats 50K hours of constantly being on everyday for the rest of its 50K hours of life.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Wouldnt that just take 700mA form the driver only then....and NOT add to it? Hence reduceing the output from the corbin board?

Corbins is a 1a driver is if you wanted to do this I would do it with something that needs 1.5a then overdrive it that extra 500 with a 1a puck. I would love to see overdrivven 1.5a leds to see how well they would look.

I think it has more to due with the voltage each sends out, as to why it wont work
    Here is the thread that I asked about mixing buck pucks....
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4413

But corbins and pucks are pwm, say you wired the 2 togeather then put something between it and the led to regulat things a bit better on teh voltage side but still letting all 2a thru.