Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Are You?!? Wanna Fight?!?

Hey. I'm in Ontario, Canada. In the middle of nowhere/wilderness. I'm still in the design process of my first MHS though.

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    Exactly don't be ashamed of what you do. If someone challenges your convictions or makes fun of you take them out smack them around a bit. If they come at you with hasbros show them what a 1" thick polycarbonate tube can do to that thing and their head. "True story at that" :P But yeah I'm in college or rather almost done and I love lightsabers so why not show the world what I love.

a conversation between me and my little teenager brother.

brother - no one in their right mind would pick a fight with a guy that has the balls to carry around a lightsaber. Thus bro this brings us to the heart of the matter. how in the hell do you manage to live your life.

me - I just turn off that part of the brain that tells you that this is how society should be and do what you whatever you want within reason regardless of what people think because what they thing is normal is not the norm for you or anyone else. Long story short bro don't give a ****.

agreed. let your geek flag fly. People want to joke when I tell them that I build sabers, but as soon as they see one they are like wow thats cool... then you hand it to them and the fighting and wooshing noises start...

(quick background, I coach a Roller Derby team), and some of the girls were over the house and they are like, hey cool is that a lightsaber, and im like yeh you know I build them now cause im a dork, and next thing you know I got girls running around my house fighting each other making wooshing noises and spinning around and just going to town... lightsabers are magical my friends.

DDD

Council Member
    Jedi Master

My son has a pair of those little shoes with the LEDs that flash when he walks. I really want to modify a pair of shoes for myself.

Of course, I'll take it to the next level. I want to put a ring of super bright leds all around the base of the shoe, so that when I take a step, I get a bright flash of light all around my foot. Tell me that wouldn't look cool.

When I told someone I work with that I want to do this, they looked at me like I was from another planet, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    My son has a pair of those little shoes with the LEDs that flash when he walks. I really want to modify a pair of shoes for myself.

Of course, I'll take it to the next level. I want to put a ring of super bright leds all around the base of the shoe, so that when I take a step, I get a bright flash of light all around my foot. Tell me that wouldn't look cool.

When I told someone I work with that I want to do this, they looked at me like I was from another planet, but I'm going to do it anyway.
    OHHH! I had those shoes when I was a kid. (Not that long ago, mind you). They were all I wore between like 1st and 3rd grade. I had no idea they were still around. Fantastic. (Too bad they only make them in kids sizes. That was the only reason I STOPPED wearing them )
    "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi circuit diagrams by Count Dooku!"

Hey DDD, next time my wife gets mad at me can I come stay at ur house? Sounds like a really good time!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

gotta know people who here get's yelled at by their significant other ig, girlfriend, wife, fiance, boyfriend or whatever about lightsaber obsession and or star wars in general lol.
    ...YUP!

Oh it's rarely about lightsabers, usually something much more trivial than that!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Hey DDD, next time my wife gets mad at me can I come stay at ur house? Sounds like a really good time!
    duh, of course, got an extra room and everything...

nah, the wife cant yell at me about Star Wars stuff, it was in our marriage vows that she would put up with my Star Wars obsession, but in return she can put her ice cold feet on my anytime she wants.

DDD

I hope more omaha/fremont area nebraskians ome out of the woodwork, theres a handfull on the mercs forums.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    I hope more omaha/fremont area nebraskians ome out of the woodwork, theres a handfull on the mercs forums.
    really? I'd like to meet some of them.

BLUE 3- Ready