Thread: Batteries are HOT!!!

Default Batteries are HOT!!!

I have an unusual question. My 4AAA battery pack seems to be drawing power constantly, whether they are connected to anything or not. Has anyone experienced this? Have I just got a bad battery pack? Am I losing my mind entirely?

I play airsoft and use NiMh batteries on a regular basis. Hot batteries mean a short. Check the wires and the connector. Anything frayed, anything touching? If not, you may need to strip the shrink off of them and look for something that is wrong. You can always electrical tape the pack back together.

Yeah, I already looked at everything on the pack. All the wires look good, and everything seems to be in order. I may just order a new pack.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Light View Post
    Yeah, I already looked at everything on the pack. All the wires look good, and everything seems to be in order. I may just order a new pack.
    It's shorting for sure... is this a new build? or is it a new occurance on an old saber?

If it's new you wired it incorrectly.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

It's a new build. I originally ordered the 4 AA battery holder for my saber, but it was too long to fit inside, so I ordered a 4 AAA battery holder instead. I checked the saber with the AA holder, and it worked correctly.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I thought tim mentioned something about some ofthe packs (or chargers) wired backwards. Not sure which but I know I read it. check it with a meter.

BLUE 3- Ready

That's actually very possible too. Airsoft packs and RC packs are wired opposite of each other. I have no idea why, since oftem times they use identical packs. I intend to flip the wiring on the TCSS pack I just ordered (making red the round hole on the Tamiya connentor instead of square) since that's how the charger I have is set up. You should see if there is a way to test the pack like vortextwist suggested.

if you have a multimeter, its pretty simple.... if you don't and plan on making anymore electronics in the future, you should invest in getting one, even a small one from the ratshack can be very helpful.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers