Thread: Graflex red button switch

Default Graflex red button switch

I'm in the process of converting a real Graflex 3-cell and I ordered a working, momentary red button switch to take the place of the stock button. First, I got the button in about 4 pieces... trim ring, inner ring, red plastic "button" piece, and a small micro momentary switch. I'm not a moron and I'm pretty damn good at visualizing how things should come together but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to put these pieces together and then fit them into the Graflex top button hole in order to be used to press the micro switch.

Has anyone had experience with this type of "button"? I believe I saw a nice writeup on fx-sabers but I can't find it again now that I really need it.

I felt the same way. I'll send you the pic I got sent. I also cut down the button so it wasn't as tall and drilled a hole for the top of the switch to fit in it.

Grayven

I need your email address
    Last edited by grayven; 03-13-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post

I need your email address
    Heck, post it here, I'm sure other people will want to know as well

true enough.. community will be better off in the end if searching for the same topic and this threads has ANSWERS..

This is the answer I got from corban when I posted a similar Question.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4095

I got a reply from graflex shop with this image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I appreciate all the follow-ups. The past thread helped too.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hi, I had ordered that button as well, and I was just as confused because the pieces didn't look like the picture.

I ended up just using the silver bezel and the red button. I had a small momentary tactile button (from radio shack), and glued the red button directly to the tactile. It worked because the bezel kept it in place (no side side motion) and the tactile button was small enough to stay under the lip.

I hope you can picture that in your head... and I hope it helps.

pic of it...

Last edited by eastern57; 03-23-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: pic add