View Poll Results: Is Novastar foolish to expect to work with 501st or RL?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... you're way too "out-of-the-box" and insane, ya jerkweed.

1 7.14%
  • No... I don't see why BOP shows couldn't work with 501st/ RL

8 57.14%
  • You're probably in violation of Article VI: "Code of Conduct"

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a little help... (501st and RL stuff)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

501st and RL are rather paranoid. I wouldn't let it bother you... I've had my own link removed from posts.

Basically, I'd just let them know you exist and then do with it whatever they want. No use worrying...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

All you need to do is get a SW author to pen a book based on BOP, then it'll be cannon, problem solved

Hey, my idea is only slightly crazier than most.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

There is no reason to post there for me anyhow, it seems.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I'm not gonna get into a whole huge thing since I don't fully understand the problem and I don't want to seem like I am telling anyone what they should be doing or thinking.

As a very active member of the Rebel Legion and a Legion Costume Judge for Smugglers I am a little "in" over there; you could say. I can't say I understand the entire inner workings but I know a little.

I know this much, the RL and 501st are paranoid for a good reason. Anyone into SW knows how over zealous and protective LFL lawyers are. Cmon, you guys you've heard the stories of how quickly they send C&D's to people making prop replicas in any type of large capacity. You may know about the AA Trooper armor debacle. They guard that "legacy of cash" pretty tightly.

That being said, I understand that there are some people who don't agree with the Legion's practices regarding costume standards and submissions. And that's fine. We all love Star Wars and we can all do whatever we want.

I don't know if it can be argued that the Legions don't do a lot of good stuff for kids in this world. I know sometimes it comes across as a bunch of elitist costumers hanging out together at Cons. Sometimes it is that. People tend to remember the bad people. All i can say is that in the last year I have had a chance to bring a lot of smiles to kids faces in a lot of different capacities. I have been able to take a hobby and use that to help a lot of charities raise a lot of money.

Here's the kicker:

We have to play LFL's game in order to do the charity work we do and use their logos in banners and stuff. It sucks, yes. But we get to do a lot of awesome stuff for sick kids and good organizations. Sometimes it feels a little like bending over and taking it to keep in Lucas' good graces. But it's necessary to continue what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    There is no reason to post there for me anyhow, it seems.
    Quite possibly true :)

I never post there, I just watch and hunt through it for costume info. Since their board is very much for them to do their thing and I am not typically doing their thing I appreciate what they do for what they do and stay at arms length from the bureaucracy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by defyitall
    I don't know if it can be argued that the Legions don't do a lot of good stuff for kids in this world. I know sometimes it comes across as a bunch of elitist costumers hanging out together at Cons. Sometimes it is that. People tend to remember the bad people. All i can say is that in the last year I have had a chance to bring a lot of smiles to kids faces in a lot of different capacities. I have been able to take a hobby and use that to help a lot of charities raise a lot of money.
    Yup, that is basically what I'd like to do, but... I'm only ONE man.

I was hoping to get some help from people FROM the RL or 501st (not necessarily "bind" with them like the freakin' vulcan mind meld or something arse like that)... but... NO.

All I keep hearing (over the last TWO years) is Article blah, article blah, violation, violation, you're making profit, you're making profit, etc. etc.

Which clearly shows me that if I want to find ways to contribute to children and charities in a large fashion... well... that is exactly what *I* will have to do. Alone. As usual. But it's pretty tough, since all human beings have a limited capacity on their own. I cannot be in 12 places at once, and I can barely do all 10+ jobs I need to do for the project.

That being said, it's my own fault. *I* wanted to put BOP together. No one told me they'd help it out, nor did I expect anyone to do so.

Thanks for everyone's comments! I move that we forget about my silly topic and go on to holiday cheer and other things!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Sounds good dude. Sometimes you gotta go it alone and it makes the ending a little sweeter.

I think BOP is awesome even as an RL member.