Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tell me what you think Sith/Jedi

while i agree with everyone in that you can do pretty much whatever you want without breaking any sort of "rules" i like to see sith that scare me and blues, greens, whites, and yellows just don't do it for me. a sith, to me, should be a very sinister character and i can't imagine someone who's entire being is wrapped in darkness to pick a "happy" color like blue or green. If i were a power hungry psychopath i'd be looking for a red, red-orange, maybe orange. magenta i could tolerate on the right character. similarly i like to see a jedi with a "hero-colored" saber. blues, greens, yellows, or orange. i really don't like white for either because its boring but if i had to pick i'd like to see it on jedi more than sith. what i personally would like to see that doesn't really make sense is a sith with a saber that has a jet black blade. now that would scare me into needing a fresh pair of pants.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think that to some degree, the saber itself dictates what color it should be. Hilt design, hilt material, grip material, etc., all influence the overall look of a saber. Some blades just look "right" on certain sabers.

I prefer blue blades myself, but the new saber I'm designing right now is going to be mostly brass, and in my opinion, would only look right with a green blade.

Everyone is right. I lean more towards the hotter colors for sith and the cooler coloers for jedi. I also agree with Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie, the hilt does have some influence over the blade but so does the character.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun

What about orange or yellow with slight tint on the outside so that the color still shines through? Like cooling magma...
    There is no apathy; there is Compassion.
    There is no fear; there is Faith.
    There is no despair; there is Hope.
    There is no hate; there is Love.
    There is no death; there is Christ

To me orange and yellow (and therefore amber LEDs) can be either Jedi or Sith. I like the ambiguity which is why I'm going amber on my heiland. From an in-universe perspective Jedi Academy gives you orange and yellow as light-side choices for saber colour when you start the game.
    I guess it's personal preference. To me there are 3 colours that can conceivably be used for non light-side sabers (either Sith, grey Jedi, fallen, etc) and those are orange (obviously including red-orange) yellow and purple.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

The answer you seek is here:

The crystal is the heart of the blade; the heart is the crystal of the Jedi; the Force is the blade of the heart; all are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Personally, I see all colors as light, and red can be for a light or dark Jedi.

Then again, I am not making this saber, so it falls to its creator.

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

Eventhough you can use any color blade for sith or jedi, you have to admit that if you see some cutting down jedi with happy go lucky color blades, that in its own right is pretty sick and twisted like a sith
    As I wake with the morning sun I move to unmake mountains.