Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3

my finished helm before I bondoed it, it looks pretty sweet now, but i just started making a sweet helm from flyin squirrels models, and they are sweeter and easier than the halo-3 rips by slyfo(405.com/forums if you arent folowing), so i might do both and see which i like better, the rest of my armor is primed and sanded and about to be painted, and i'm on vacation this week so we'll see which helm comes out nicer. just got my gold reflective visor in ($39 shipped) its all coming together sweetly.

Looks really nice. one question. Did you glass the inside only? I glassed the outside of mine and its curvy but i like curves so its good.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

i glassed just the inside and resined the outside. i bondoed the curves and it looks pretty good. but i wanna see how my new one is before i decide which i like best

If you guys are working with fiberglass, I wouldn't suggest using bondo. bondo isn't meant to go more than an 8th of an inch thick, after time it will dry out and crack. Now, there is an alternative to that, that is almost the same price. There is a bondo type mixture out there called Duraglass. Works the same way, but what sets it apart is that its an uncured fiberglass patch paste. You can spread it as thick as you want, and sand it to kingdom come. Just like bondo you have to mix a curing agent with the amount your working with. You can pick this up at any paint shop.

I've been doing body work on cars for as long as I can remember, and this is just one of the little tidbits that I have to offer.

i wouldnt say mines more than an 1/8 of an inch thick anywhere, i just used it to smooth the top and cheek pieces so they dont look like theyre made of folded paper. but most of the rest of the helmet is meant to be angular anyway.

Hey pockets, is Flying Squirels models easier and better than Slyfos? I made mine from slyfos, and i like it, but my next one I want to use squirels.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ti-el_terall
    Hey pockets, is Flying Squirels models easier and better than Slyfos? I made mine from slyfos, and i like it, but my next one I want to use squirels.
    how many do you have to use? and are they hard to catch?

BLUE 3- Ready

LOL
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

squirells is less "accurate" but easier to work with and just as detailed, and you dont "really" have to scale it, it comes scaled to 27cm. its pretty good, i built mine in about 5 hours

Just thought i'd give you guys a sneak peak. full armor pictures follow tomorrow. p.s. ti-el flying squirls helmet came out REALLY good. painted pictures will follow tomorrow. its all green it just needs black and details