Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple LED

I purchased 50 5mm UV leds some time ago for a good price and I have been using them for many things, I had 7 leds mounted on a small circuit board in a circle.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

That's a great looking blade.Just to give some info there's a 1 watt uv led by Cree.Just google Cree Xlamp 7090 UV.I orderd one last Nov. and was told it was on backorder.Still haven't seen it yet.

Way cool!! []I've been working on a jedi holo comunicator using the same uv led's. I have 5 mounted on a 2.5" acrylic disc. never thought to try them in a hilt. I am trying to mount a lens with a film cell on it then by using vapor technology i'll use the lens to prject the cell on to the smoke vapor. All theory so far. By the way the lens is a high beam projector from a 94 Lexus LS400. Will see. Any body else attemted or have ideas lets start a new thread. It would make an awesome prop replica if it could be pulled off!!

how about a 10mm led?? will it work the same?

I only have 5mm uV leds by using 7 of them I am able to get a lot of light into the blade maybe if you used 3 10mm uv leds it would work, but they would need to be high output leds.

Do-Clo

indexed, cool do-clo. and i say again, that is a sweet lookin blade. makes me wanna give it a shot too sometime.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

so what kind of batteries are you using?

Single 9 volt battery and a constant current circuit to drive the leds

Do-Clo

Did you wire them in series or parallel? Are you using resistors on each LED? Is the blade removeable or fixed?

I am intrigued, to say the least. I can get a lot of 100 UV LEDs, but their forward voltage is 4.5 volts, so I was thinking of wiring them in parallel.

I could still have a sound module in a saber with UV LEDs!

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

The leds are wired in parallel with a constant current circut for each led. The constant circuit circuts supplies 20 ma to each led and they are mounted in a circle on a piece of printed circuit board. The blade is the standard blade and diffuser from TCSS and the leds slide into the blade making a nice fit so yes it could be built into a removable blade saber you would need to work out fitting the leds into a blade holder but this would fit into a MHS blade holder very easy.

Do-Clo