Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mace Conversion shopping list

Default Mace Conversion shopping list

Hey guys, wide-eyed newbie here (please be gentle)!

Sorry to ask a possibly flame-worthy question but I've been reading the forums for hours and haven't found a definitive answer: I want to convert my Mace MR to a Lux K2 and I just want to make sure I'm getting everything I need to do it. Here's the list I've come up with:

Mace Conversion Kit
    LED "Corbin style" Show blade
    Luxeon K2 Star - Green
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 10° viewing angle
    Luxeon K2 Lens Holder

From what I have read, the MR board should power the K2 brighter than an L3 without any additional electronics, correct? Does Tim's tutorial still apply with the K2?

What are your thoughts/suggestions? Am I on the right track with this so far?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, that's it. Assuming you have the tools you don't need to order anything else.

The K2 is going to be SLIGHTLY brighter if you do nothing different. I certainly doesn't hurt to use it for future upgrading. Until other better options become available that is a good bet.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Excellent, thanks for the info! Time to go shopping!

Hi,
    I converted my Mace with Tim's kit (+Erv's driver/dimmer), using a SeoulP4 white+filter.

that's the result:

I recommend you to also buy
    - Rechargeable battery pack,
    - Power Jack ,
    - Nimh Smart charger
    - Premium Speaker

That's all you need to a complete conversion!

"Un'arma elegante, per tempi pił civilizzati"

The more I think about it, the more the rechargable battery sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, I am not so good with the whole wiring and electricity thing... any idea where I could find a good tutorial on how to choose the correct battery?

Also, I hadn't considered the speaker. I've been focusing on the visual so much I hadn't thought of the audio! After reading up on the merits of the premium speaker and the relatively low price I will definitely pick one up. Thanks Tobu!

I converted my maul fx with a k2,it will be slightly brighter like x-wing said but not fully powered up to the max brightness,here are some pics of mine with fresh batteries.It just gives you an idea of how bright a k2 is in an fx saber.

The converted maul next to a stock anakin fx blade.

The saber with me.

"aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr
    any idea where I could find a good tutorial on how to choose the correct battery?
    this is the Rechargeable battery pack

Thanks Tobu!

Out of curiosity, how did you determine that? I've been looking at the batteries but I've been unable to tell the difference so far as what I would need.

I'm just wondering what the magic formula is so when I start building my MHS saber I can figure out the best battery for that one as well.

Thanks!

You have to see voltage and mA

thake a look here

Persionally at this moment I would keep the conversion simple.

conversion kit, k2 white, lense, and lense holder.

Then worry about everything else for your custom, cause imo the MR sabers arnt worth anything more than a conversion.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics