Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: maul conversion

Ok. I've been searching around the forums for an answer to this and have read lots of other interesting "Maul" miscellany but not what I'm looking for.

Does ANYONE have a supplier for PolyC tubing that is the same outside diameter, and preferably inside too but beggars can't be choosers, as the MR maul blades?

I was going to go and ask Erv as I understand that the Maul blades are a metric not imperial measurement. I'm in the UK so might have more success than those in the US in procuring the tubing I need.

MR used it. It MUST be available SOMEWHERE!!!

Thankyouplease

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well to start... what is the exact size?

I wouldn't bother though. One of the draws of a conversion kit is the ability to use the 1" blades.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ok, I don't know what the exact size is. I haven't yet pulled a Maul apart. I've got an ULTRA converted Maul coming soon so if I pick myset up some accurate callipers then I'll be able to tell you.

I have seen the dimensions quoted SOMEWHERE here before but I'm buggered if I know where! I was hoping one of you knowledgeable types would have it on the tip of your tongue!

I ask because I'm not using the conversion kit. I would like to be able to interchange the blades in my Ultra Conversion with a shorter set, probably with corbin's film in for variation.

Does that explain it a little better? Sorry I can't give the measurements just yet. I've just no way of finding out at the moment short of finding someone else who has posted it.

Edit: I must say that I AM tempted to convert my existing Maul hilt once I inevitably bugger it up from missing a catch, smacking it on the floor etc.
    It would be nice to have a lux Maul in red too (the Ultra one will be green)

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

my digital clipers say
    26.0 mm- 1.026 inch

BLUE 3- Ready

the stuff i buy here in canada is the same as the maul, I have to sand it down to fit in tims mhs parts but it fits the stock maul perfectly. i think it has to do with metric measurements?
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Ultra just uses Tim's conversion kits, so your saber will have a 1 inch blade in it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    Ultra just uses Tim's conversion kits, so your saber will have a 1 inch blade in it.
    No... Ultra sells the kit as a DIY option but the ones he makes (unless requested) don't use the TCSS holder.

Only on the six-celled sabers (Mace ROTS and Luke ROTJ) he uses a metal holder. The rest of the time it's stock unless requested. Thus there are no replacement blades available...

You could always bulk up a 1" to fit with tape or something, but that's not ideal. Not using a metal holder isn't either, so whatever floats your boat.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Hey I am hopefully going to order the stuff I need to do my maul Conversion can some one give me a list of exact items? Could i use a LED Basic electric package for all the electronics?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

linky

Honestly, just try and read the store description. If you are converting both halfs of the maul, then you'll need two of everything.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I did read it. I just wanted to know what exactly I needed. Like what thumb screw, and can i use a electric package.