Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Galaxies: A Call for Jedi

I got Galaxies a while back as a Birthday Present but once I found out it was going to cost me over $20.00 per month, I left it in the Box and it will never be installed on this PC. I am doing just fine with KOTOR 1&2
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I understand its not for everyone. You can have a subscription for 14.99/mo or less if you buy several months in advance.

The main difference is this isn't kotor or any other SW game you've ever bought. Those games are the same now as the day you bought them and unless they release and expansion the game will never change and new things aren't introduced.

Within the next week we will be testing the latest content addition to the game, a HUGE heroic npc encounter. There's actually 5 new bosses with some pretty awesome loot and fun encounters.

So while you can look at it as 15/mo to play its really 15/mo to make sure the game never becomes stale.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

well I used to play ashron's call which was addicting to say the least and lately I've been wanting to get back into online gaming through MMOs. I don't know what game I'll pick, may be WoW, or may be SWG. I'll let you know if I do. I'm pretty broke atm but in the next few weeks I may go and pick it up just to see what it is all about. I am always willing to give a game a shot. I tried WoW and was bored, mainly because I didn't know anyone and had a hard time finding a good place to grind out lvls. I actually found the old AC guild I used to be in on WoW (clan Z) and may try that. I like the idea of being able to get started on a fresh server like you said though. Eather way I'll let you know if I pick it up. I'm very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal
    well I used to play ashron's call which was addicting to say the least and lately I've been wanting to get back into online gaming through MMOs. I don't know what game I'll pick, may be WoW, or may be SWG. I'll let you know if I do. I'm pretty broke atm but in the next few weeks I may go and pick it up just to see what it is all about. I am always willing to give a game a shot. I tried WoW and was bored, mainly because I didn't know anyone and had a hard time finding a good place to grind out lvls. I actually found the old AC guild I used to be in on WoW (clan Z) and may try that. I like the idea of being able to get started on a fresh server like you said though. Eather way I'll let you know if I pick it up. I'm very interested.
    WoW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SWG

SWG was the worst MMORPG ive ever played, anarchy online was better, and believe me, that game wasnt very good either

Its all perpective. I don't know when you played but I'm sorry you hated it. The negative press this game recieves is incredible considering that in the last 6 months the game has improved enough that we have had a considerable increase in the server population.

Decide for yourself.

well I wasn't impressed with WoW the first time I played it but I also know that most MMOs are better when you reach the higher level content. I do think it would be fun to try out a SW based RPG that isn't linear or console. Plus he has a point, they are on a newer server with vast possibilities as far as economy goes. I think it is atleast worth the 20 bucks to give it a try. If I don't like it after the free sub runs I wont play. I did the same thing with WoW and didn't see what all the hubub was about. *shrug* to each their own.

Hey, email me or contact me in reference to the game please/

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

i played beta SWG, i played release for 3 months, and then i quit, after they revamped the entire game, i tried it again and still wasnt impressed. to each their own

Yoi...i just returned to the game....don't know what servers you are on or if there would be a way to play........but i got my old character back...unfortunately i wasn't a full jedi before i left (just force sensitive MTK)so i didn't get any major bennies....but i am now a LVL 65 Jedi.

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Hey Ambo!

We play on Test Center Prime, easily the best server out there and this weekend we have double xp.

check my guild site for more info.

www.followtheforce.net