Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WHAT MAKES YOUR SABER SPECIAL

lol good one! but wouldnt you enjoy working in a massive electronics store? I would!
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

If we still sold the amount of components we used to, then of course I would!
    The company is now moving towards the computer side of things, and they're getting bottom quality stuff to sell to people with very little understanding of what they're buying!
    Anyone with an interest in electronics uses our place as a last resort!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I just went there and they only had one thing that im using for my Imp knight project , the resistor. the 4AAA battery packs were those ones that go along in a row instead of up, and they have the tools for hex screws but no hex screws. grrr! tell your bosses, bosses,bosses,bosses, boss(and so on) that HE is a fool!
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

To the best of my knowledge mine is the first:

American MHS saber powered by Buttered Toast V.1

Powder Coated.

Modular Electronics System (My own design).

It's the only one I know of that has the recharge port in the Activation Box.

Erv's used it. And Virus too.

And by some off chance you've never seen it before or want to see it again...

It's also rather handy in the morning...
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

THAT ROOLIES

OK, I'll play along. What makes my saber special to me is the Obi Wan inspired style, the non-standard (polished aluminum) coloration of Copper and Bronze, and the Royal Blue Blade. It took me several trials to get there, but it is now exactly as I have wanted it to be, perfect for me.

Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

The thing that makes my saber special to me is that it's constantly evolving (it looks a bit different now, with sound holes in the pommel and a new lip-less emitter with a big honking thumbscrew on the top) and that I've redone its guts twice already, first to give it Hasbro sound, and then to give it MR sound. The saber's been with me to C4, the most awesome event I've ever attended. Corbin and Novastar have held it. It's very well used and even has several kills to its credit, including two MRs and various tree branches and PVC pipes. Although it's my 5th saber ever and my 2nd lit-up one, it's my first one with sound and the first one I've liked and truly considered to be "my own". Also, unless you're observant, it doesn't really look like an MHS hilt (at least to me)

And that is why my saber's special

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Default It's special to ME

Hi all
    I figured I'd put my 2 cents in and say why my Killer Penny and original Malius saber are so special to me.....

You can read the whole story in each of the respective threads dedicated to them, but basically, each saber has a bit of a history, both real and literary. The original saber (on the right in my signature) was constructed of parts obtained over the better part of a year. The fluted grip material in particular was exceptionally hard to find. It came from a 1930s fire extinguisher from New Zeland. Those type that you had to turn upside down and aim the hose. I understand the fluted tubing was on the hose somewhere and held some type of powder that reacted to the water to make a foam. I heard the brass model was more nautical, but I've never been able to confirm that.

As you can read about in the thread, I had a guy braze the fluted section of the Malius saber to a threaded collar and he totally screwed it up. We're talking holes blown through the sides and everything. It sucked. I was able to eventually fix it enough to look like the saber had had a meltdown. It worked out and really added some personality of the ancient relic, though that wasn't the original plan.

The Killer Penny (called that because of the 3 pounds of copper it has) was made because I eventually found a replacement fluted grip piece for the original Malius saber, thinking it was ruined. Of course, once I was able to salvage it, I had an extra matching grip section to do something with. So I started playing around with designs. I knew I wanted it to be a Luxeon saber, probably a 5 watter.

During this time, I started talking with AceRocket about possibly machining the new saber for me. It was never a huge priority for me, so the project sometimes sat for a while before we'd exchange ideas on it. Also, when technology came up with something new, I'd sometimes see if we could incorporate the latest, greatest thing into it. I imagine I drove Ace nuts doing this sometimes. To his credit though, even the far fetched ideas I had, he was somehow able to make work. Cudos to Ace!

So the KP saber (which by the way is officially called the Malius Legacy saber) took a little over 2 years from conception to what you see today. That's not to say it couldn't have been made much quicker, but I wasn't in any hurry and I wanted to make sure the design was what I wanted before having Ace machine it. The saber was delivered to me the second day of Celebration 4 in L.A. this last May.

The Legacy/KP saber is BY FAR my favorite saber, bar none. I can't imagine anything I would trade it for. Granted, if I was offered a million bucks for it, I'm sure I'd take the money, but still. And to think, I never really cared for brass or copper on sabers. I was a strict silver and black saber guy.

Anyway, if anyone wishes to read more about how I wrote these sabers into my persona story, feel free to check out this synopsis I wrote, complete with pictures.

Corbin

what makes my saber so special is not that i built it it more that i took the time to fine tune my sound banks that and my jurachi cell phone strap i botched the spelling but it's something my cousin got me one day it's a pokemon by the way lol but eyha i just have it on there cause in all honestly my buddies can't take me seriously now when we fight though them beating me never happens sso i guess idk the fact that i';ve worn it on my belt everyday since finished yeah i do i'm happy klol