Page 197 of 235 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2350

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

From what I understand with plastidip, you tape off your grip layout then spray or whatever then when its still tacky take the tape off. should keep it from messing up.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I sprayed onto a PVC pipe after scuffing it up and whatnot, and it was just after lots of handling that it started to peel. It wasn't directly on the sinktube.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Bantha
    I sprayed onto a PVC pipe after scuffing it up and whatnot, and it was just after lots of handling that it started to peel. It wasn't directly on the sinktube.
    I had the same problem with a PVC overlay I did for my hardware EL saber years ago. I used a different product, but still the same kind of thing at the Plastidip.

After redoing it twice, I gave up and just painted the grips with some black Krylon Fusion Paint and was done with it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I scuffed the pvc with 320 grit (I think thats what I used) sand paper, washed it and used a de-greaser. It still peeled off. So I tried painting it flat black and then spraying the Plasti-Dip over that, still didn't work. So I went the spray on truck bedliner route. That stuff FLAT ROCKS as a grip!!

Quote Originally Posted by Er Dan Gill
    I scuffed the pvc with 320 grit (I think thats what I used) sand paper, washed it and used a de-greaser. It still peeled off. So I tried painting it flat black and then spraying the Plasti-Dip over that, still didn't work. So I went the spray on truck bedliner route. That stuff FLAT ROCKS as a grip!!
    I'll have to try some of that sometime. It should be pretty tough if it's made for bedlining.

Default Two New Lightsabers

I would welcome your comments on these two new lightsabers. They were comissioned for my Sister-in-law's boyfriend as a present for his birthday. Both are Maglite hilts with Hasbro Anakin colour change sound boards and 3W luxeons.

Clickable links.

The first is based on a BYB design and is Cyan. The Green hilt LED is flashing.

This is fairly obviously a Vader inspired saber with the Red hilt LED flashing. 3W Red.

This last pic is the presentation box I made which gave the present a nice touch (I thought).

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

very cool.

BLUE 3- Ready

those are a couple of the greatest maglight sabers that I have seen in a while. I would spend big money on them if I had any moneys...
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Thanks - those are kind words. They did take quite a while to put together but because they were a present I wanted to do them right. I'm very happy with how they turned out.

damn straight youre happy with them!!! how long did they take to make?wat materials did u use? :D
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"