Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RGB hilt wiring

Dont worry about reverse current. The important one is vf (forward voltage) which is the voltage you need to supply to light up the led.
    Phil Higgins

ok, well...the red led is 2.4 volts, and the green and blue are each 3.4 volts. would i add everything together (9.2 volts)? or take the highest voltage (3.4 volts)?
    Never Examine Surprised Wombats!

[!!!!!!!!!(#==============

Remember the prolight led is a 3 watt bu tnot really. it has 3, 1Watt led wafers inside the one emitter.

So you would need to get a 1W resistor, which is why I said to find an mr board or and forgo the resistors, its easyer to have 3 power wires comming of the one power lead.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

well, i'm pretty sure i'm going with a resistor set-up. i'm just wondering what battery i need to use, a 4.8v or 7.2 v. i'm guessing a 4.8v is fine. once i have that figured out, i think i'm ready to buy everything!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

4.8V is plenty for a RGB
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

ok, coolio. thanks!

EDIT: anyone know a good place/site to buy resistors? i looked in this shop and didn't see the ones i need. i don't think i've seen them at home depot. would radioshack have them?

EDIT#2: which battery charger do i choose?

nimh the redone.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

ok, thanks.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

radio shack will have the resistors for sure, so will any other major electronic store
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

dont speak too hastily there Maul, not all radio shacks carry resistors. Granted i live in a small town, but it is an average sized radio shack compared to what i have seen in Salt Lake City, Boise and such, and they have almost no resistors. you can occasionally find a useless pack of several very small resistors, but rarely anything usefull enough for even the most basic electronic work.
    FSM What's on your belt?