Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin's new saber (Picture intensive)

Well, I'm glad you got it figured out, and hopefully one of you will have time to post the finished pics!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I was at C4 all day yesterday. Spent some time with Corbin, we met up with Gforce13 and his wife, and also added Kit Fisto to the group. I had a great time finally getting to meet some of my fellow saber enthusiasts. Corbin was really having a blast explaining the MHS to people. It seemed like everyone's first question was "is that a Park's?" He was really going to town showing how tough the blades were. He was smashing them pretty hard and most people couldn't believe it. Anyways, I think Kit Fisto took some nice pics and maybe a video of it but when I get a chance tonight, i will try and post the pics I took at my house.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Kit did get a video up on youtube. I was just waiting for permission to post it here.

lol, a Parks...

It's great to see Corbin representing TCSS! W00t!

EDIT: I'm calling this now... after the weathering I bet after "Is it a Parks?" you'll get: "Why don't you polish it?"

At MegaCon I always had people giving suggestions. "Why don't you put grips on it?" (holding clear saber), "Why does it have that core?" (using one of corbin's blade), etc... made me want to
    RED LEADER Standing by!

sweet! i';ll look for it on the con floor.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBKlOvJgEs

There's the video of Kit Fisto/illbeats playing with Corbin's sabers. Between the 4lb Killer Penny, a double staff and an MHS kit... I think Corbin's getting a workout just walking around. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!

A few quick pics snapped as we were headed out the door back to Corbin's hotel on Wednesday night.

From watching the video, you can see how bright that 5 watt LED is. Oh, it is driven by Corbin's board so it is already being driven almost 50% higher than normal. Big deal, so the LED life will only be 40,000 hours instead of 100,000 hours.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

nice weathering! I especially like the build up on the center ring area

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

damn is that a sweet saber. i love it weathered, makes it look like it has been used and abused
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I am SOOOO going to be dueling with Corbin when I visit C4 in only a few days.

BTW, the opening of BOP II was OFF THE CHAIN!!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide