Thread: How to draw up a mhs design???

Default How to draw up a mhs design???

Hey all!
    I want to make a rendering of MHS parts, I saw some pics of ppl doing it in the concept place but how do you do that?
    Cheers!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You might want to ask the specific people also.

The link Elrond gave will give a you a good idea how most of them there are done. Those are photomashes...

Some there are hand drawings and a hand full are actual renders.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I could give you a little information on how to use a free CAD program to create 3D renders of your saber designs. You can see the design that I'm building right now on my photobucket album. Just ignore any of the pics with file names starting in RS. Those were renders for a saber I was going to have built by another company before I found Tim and the CSS.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/TimeRender/

PM me if you're interested.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender
    I could give you a little information on how to use a free CAD program to create 3D renders of your saber designs. You can see the design that I'm building right now on my photobucket album. Just ignore any of the pics with file names starting in RS. Those were renders for a saber I was going to have built by another company before I found Tim and the CSS.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/TimeRender/

PM me if you're interested.
    What free CAD program do you recommend?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Well I use Rhino, although I don't recommend it if you're going to send your the 3D model to a machinist because it doesn't save 3D models in a common CAD format. (.Dwg) Rhino operates almost identically to Autocad, so if you've used that before then you can probably handle this as well. Honestly I think that someone without any experience at all could pick it up in just a few days, especially if you have someone explain a few of the basic functions to you before you start.

Rhino supposedly only allows you to save 25 times before you have to register, but the counter doesn't actually work and seems to reset itself randomly. I don't usually advocate the exploitation of a software glitch like this, but since most of you would only use CAD software for your saber drawings I don't really think its all THAT unethical. Glorified MS paint is really just about all this is to anyone here.

Default I found them!

Hey thanks for the help, I found a cad drawing thing for free so thanks guys!
    Cheers