Thread: LED ignorance showing

Default LED ignorance showing

I feel a bit like my fly is unzipped here, but...........
    I read of different "bins" and don't seem to have ever read what the term means. A small question, but what is the difference between "bin1", "bin2", and "bin3"?
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you go to the spec sheets of Luxeons they detail the bins.

The story is Luxeon has no control over the exact color. After they make one they have to scan it for the exact color it gives off and the quality of it (amperage it can take).

The spec sheet tells you which bin gives which shade (in the wavelength). There are other bin codes that refer to the high amperages, but you can assume that if you are buying it from a saber builder you are getting the top one.

For some colors, Blue most notably, the shade really matters. A high Blue bin is a nice cyan color. The low ones are really close to royal blue too.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

yup, I think there is a page that shows this in the led answers and questions. I would look but my internet is running real slow today, got hit with ton of snow and ice last night.

BLUE 3- Ready

thanks.
    I will go hunting in the LED forum again..
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.