Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see everyones "other" favorite toys.........

Now it seems to me that this a bit heated and I would never be one to cause a ruckus on here but I normally feel comfortable on being up to speed on military weapons and I am not familiar with the weapon. My issue is with the trigger guard and handgrip area.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    that thing is just plain obnoxious in both size and weight
    Actually, he's holding it like it has little to no weight... which is why I think it's a big plastic gun. That 20mm NTW-20 I posted weighs 57 pounds and is carried in the field by two men. The 14.5mm version weighs a few pounds more. Barrett is developing a 25mm anti-materiel rifle that can be toted by one man, but again it doesn't look like a big toy M-16.

Sorry, the degree of silly in that just makes me skeptical, especially with no evidence of such a weapon anywhere else on the 'net. What's its designation?

Sorry, I just don't believe that is a 'real' gun. I don't doubt that it exists. For many decades, the army has used oversized training models for showing new recuits how a gun operates and disassembles. There is an amry surplus store near me that has about 25 of these oversized guns on display including rifles and pistols from the first world war on. They are real metal and wood pieces that function exactly like their smaller counterparts. So it is not beyond the realm that this behemoth does exist. But there is no way it fires. There are way to may ergonomic issues to make it a valuable weapon. Besides, with no scope on it you won't even be able to see a target a mile away let alone hit it (unless it's a rather large building and you are lucky). 300 dollars a round is absolutely rediculous also. 50 BMG in match grade ammo can be had for 2-3 bucks each. I know a guy with a Lahti 20mm cannon and he only pays 9 bucks a round. Even assuming it is some special depleted uranium projectile with titanium case, and special powder made by Tibetan monks in the monestary, I don't see 300 dollars a round. I'm sorry but I am a see it to believe it person and while I believe there might be an oversized M-16, I don't believe it shoots 300 dollar a piece rounds. If you could show a video or maybe give some info about the Army's official designation for the rifle and round that could be checked then I would beleive you. I don't want you to take it the wrong way, but you can't show something like that and then say you heard it from a friend but I can't give you proof.

that gun weighs alot, but my uncle (in the picture) can carry alot of weight. like i said that gun was made to look like a gag weapon to the other side so they wouldnt believe in them, and they cant carry this weapon, its not like its going to become standard issue to everyone. the m249 is heavy by itself, and the army wont use this as their main weapon for the infantrymen. when my uncle first showed me the pic i was shocked and did not absolutely believe him, but when i saw the thing being test fired i was in absolute shock at how this weapon is soo cool.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

so you actually SAW this gun being fired in person? that i find hard to believe since it is probably one of the more secret army weapons
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

M249
    Is this the gun? Doesn't look anywhere near that big on there. And about the sight, yeah its called a brace or stand like is being used by the troopers on the ground.
    If you think something is immature then it makes perfect sense to copy it yourself and put it in your sig to show how mature you can be!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

linky no worky

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

works just fine for me but here is the url.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_Sq...tomatic_Weapon
    If you think something is immature then it makes perfect sense to copy it yourself and put it in your sig to show how mature you can be!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

now it works. that gun is definately big but not nearly as big as CD's. they couldn't be that same, that doesn't even look like an oversized M16

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket
    Even assuming it is some special depleted uranium projectile with titanium case, and special powder made by Tibetan monks in the monestary, I don't see 300 dollars a round.
    They must be made from unobtainium.

Seriously, the ergonomics are too oversized and impractical to be real... even the big sniper rifles that can only be fired while prone are designed with a grip and stock intended to fit a normal human being. And really... if it can punch through 1-inch armor from a mile away, when is the enemy going to see its goofy clown-size anyway?

I still believe it's a prop... or possibly a one-off rifle someone built up for giggles.