Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: mace conv. complete

I was full go in High School. Even for a few years after I was giggin' here and there. When I moved I pretty much stopped playing and then when I met my wife she didn't understand why if I used to play why not keep up with it. That is when I got the Mexican Starat and I had a Fender solid state combo that I just banged around the house with but it started growing again from there

I am actually looking at the various multi effects and amp modellers right now debating on what to get. Lugging a half stack around is quite a challenge. Line 6 seems fair, Boss has a neat little package with the ME-5.

Too bad there is not a Marshall all tube head with built in multi efffects and a load resistor so you can full blow the power amp but still have controllable volume.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

I was a pretty good piano player until 6th grade when I quit. Learning quitar now tho

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Ryma Mara

A friend of mine once said that if you can play a quitar you can play a piano and vice versa.

Something like the keys are the same or something I forget its been along time ago.

guitar is really not that hard to learn, its just getttin through that very beginning where it feels like its impossible. You just have to keep at it. kinda like typing on a keyboard.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    A friend of mine once said that if you can play a quitar you can play a piano and vice versa.

Something like the keys are the same or something I forget its been along time ago.
    Lay off the crack...

He maybe meant reading chords, but your eyes are correct. Piano != Guitar. My dad could play any guitar in the world but couldn't do more than plunk keys on a piano.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I think it's supposed to be, if you can play Piano it will be easier to learn the Guitar because the Piano teaches you about the notes and the dexterity needed to play Guitar.

I've always been told that the instrument to learn to play first is the Piano because it gives you the basics for every other instrument.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara

That's wrong. The notes on the guitar aren't in alphbetical order like the piano. Piano starts off easy and gets harder while guitar starts off really hard and becomes easier.

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i can play the imperial march on both guitar and piano. you can transfer the music but it is pretty hard to do
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by elrond.406
    That's wrong. The notes on the guitar aren't in alphbetical order like the piano.
    Have you ever played a guitar or piano? They are both in musical alphabetical order. Each fret on the guitar represents a half step in music, the piano as you move up keys each key represents a half step as well.

Just because you can play one doesn't mean you can play the other. All musical instruments have a musical commonality in what they produce but in the method of producing that sound they vary greatly.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight

I meant the strings.