Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom? (The start of Crystal Focus)

How about first born child.

Erv it sounds like you are progressing with this very quickly. I appreciate the hard work you are obviously putting into this module. I egerly anticipate the time when I can slide this puppy into a new saber. Keep it up.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    So what do you want for one of the "Prototype" boards?
    Spanish Gold Dublooms
    ?

It's "doubloon".

Sorry, some misspellings I have to comment on.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

like my misspelling of magnates. i still don't spell that right but i don't care one bit
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    So what do you want for one of the "Prototype" boards?
    Spanish Gold Dublooms
    ?

It's "doubloon".

Sorry, some misspellings I have to comment on.
    I knew I had no clue of the correct spelling... I even googled it to check my spelling... blame google. :P

I bet some don't even know the word so I'm not concerned with incorrectly spelling it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I had a question about making a sound circuit using the ISD2560 chip. I know you guys are talking about Erv's board here, but since this is about custom i thought it would apply.

I need to change the address of the chip, reset the chip, and then play the sound. When the sound has finished playing, I need it to go back to playing the "Hum" sound. If someone can help me with this , and then post it here: http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...pic.php?t=1765 I would really appreciate it.
    Jakim Fett
    Bounty Hunter,
    Jedi Master
    Sabersmith.
    And sometimes
    Darth Inferno,
    Sith Extraordinaire

hi folks,
    unfortunatly, the expected distributor cannot affort to retail my boards in the US, so it lead me to financial impossibility to manufacture the board with an external compagny.
    However, I'm pretty used to solder smd's, I've done this for the ton of soud boards I've made so far, so I'm gonna soon order some manufactured PCBs and make them myself, they will be available for sale soon

things are going better than I will have imagined about gesture recognition : upgraded my algorithm, and now, I can reasonnably do a swing that ends by a clash with both sounds chained. I've also given some priority laws for blaster blocking and blade lockup so that "parasite" sounds don't polluate interactivity : when you move for instance the hilt to block a blaster ray, you might trigger a swing then cut it with the blaster ray. Now the system is more "intelligent" and sounds are not cutting each other.
    I now have to work on a new sound font to release with the board.
    Pics of my new saber will follow !
    [EDIT]
    my pics are there
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...?p=39805#39805
    [/EDIT]

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

AWESOME saber erv!!!!!!!!!
    that baby looks sweet. me want vid
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

irv, where did you get the anodized thumb screw?

BLUE 3- Ready

the thumb screw is used for PC case tunning, I cut it a bit with the lathe to shorten it, drilled it to put a M3 threaded rod in it, glued with cyanoacrylate. This to have a tough screw, the initial aluminium screw is not strong enough for blocking a blade, and was too short to reach it inside the blademount.
    The red button used for activation was modified to have an aluminium red cap made of the same screw, but it was to heavy and when shocked, the switch produced bad electric contacts making the saber going off then on again, so I went back to the original plastic red cap.
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Default buttered toast

erv, let us know when you get your master boards in and the first wave ready for sale, we're all itchin to see a pricetag on the final product of buttered toast... in fact i wouldnt mind knowing a price in us currency for your prototype boards if your still wanting to sell them