Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Sound Board

Council Member
    Sith Lord

post pics when you are done with your saber ros, or at least describe it if you don't have the ability to post pics
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I have yet to get one but Joe got one and he said it was normal Hasbro sound so I guess it just depends on how many boards someone has experience with.

What will impress me is if the new board is in fact new, how well will it hold up. The problems with bad boards is very well known.

I reckon I will just have to go out and get one
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

*sigh* well i don't have alot of experience, so i'm sure joe is right. however i'm pretty pleased with the new hasbo card. i'll post pics once i finish my hilt...only problem is that i'm having trouble with the grips i'm using. i think i'm just going to start over. in the mean time i would like to hear what everyone has to say about the "spring action saber sound".

Default Obi ROTS

Hi folks,

New to the forums (in a non-lurking fashion, anyway) and new to the saber-building world. Building my first MHS (and I say first because we all know it probably won't be the last) and I'm running the 3w Lux directly the Obi ROTS Hasbro board. I'm noticing, though, that the sound sort of stutters while the LED is flashing during the ignition and shotdown sequences. Has anyone else experienced this?

Do yourself a huge favor, drive the LED off the battery pack with the correct resistor and use the sound card for the purpose of sound. A Luxeon LED uses a heck of a lot more juice then a little incandescent flashlight bulb. You get that effect because the LED is pulling to much off the board.

You will get the added benefit of having not only a brighter LED but you won't have to worry about the flashing.

edit- Welcome to the boards as a member.

That's kinda what I thought. Since I'm assembling all the wiring with an eye toward "plug-and-play" upgradeability, I figure I can live with it until I can spring for Corbin's driver. Thanks!

Ahh, Corbin's.

One heck of a nice driver there.

One thing that I have learned with this stuff is to always make it upgradeable. I have even reworked kids sabers to get an extra this or that. I have found that using the direct drive or a puck is normally the easiest way to later go back and upgrade the hilt.

btw, what voltage are you running the hasbro at?

6v. Consensus here seemed to be that the three cell Habros could hold up under the extra voltage, and so far it seems to be hanging in there alright.

Yeah, there is no prob with 6 volts. For the problem though I was thinking you were at 4.5.

Hi all! First post here

Question, because I am thoroughly confused.

I just purchased from walmart for like 11 bucks the Obi Wan Electronic Lightsaber (the newer ones) (but not the one with the force spring thing).

I just want to be sure if it does or does not have the motion sound. I'm reading it doesnt but im not 100% sure people are talking about the same thing, and before I gut it out for the sound board i wanted to be sure. I really want the woosh sound if the vader piece has it.

Please clarify