Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Revan

Interesting, I was under the impression that the RC's were EU. Oh well, I am all for having all the good stuff. EU is what will keep StarWars going for the future even past the TV shows.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Interesting, I was under the impression that the RC's were EU. Oh well, I am all for having all the good stuff. EU is what will keep StarWars going for the future even past the TV shows.
    Of course. But.. will the 501st accept the TV shows as canon? Bause if they do.. expect to see a lot of EU characters go Formal Canon. *evilgrin*

Isn't the reasoning something along the lines of Formal Cannon is stuff from the movies because it's more generally recognizable?
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by oubliette
    ....Personally I suspect there's a macho/oorah fraternity system in place with the white armors. *shrug*
    Yeah, the "White armor's" concider themselves all in that same brethren, it's funny then being comprised mostly of "their types" the Legion has lines to divide them

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    That is just undisputed fact, unless Lucas has plans for another set of movies we don't know about, OR he has plans for them in the TV series still yet to come.

ryanlb is correct, they only see the screen characters as Formal canon. So hopefully for all the EU chaccters, he will work them into the TV series.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

TV series is supposed to feature troops as characters. Probably similar to the x-wing books. Depending on the exact timeline we may see them or the intermediate step between stomies.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlb
    Isn't the reasoning something along the lines of Formal Cannon is stuff from the movies because it's more generally recognizable?
    Hmm.. perhaps, but my experience with the general public is, most people don't know squat. I've seen our Jango get called Boba, I've seen one of our clones get called Boba too... of EVERY Jedi is Obi Wan or freakin Anakin to mommies and their tots, and if you're black.. I guess you MUST be Mace.

Recognizable to whom? Star Wars fans are usually going to know most everyone enyway. I've been notorious for having costumes everyone mis-recognizes. Sunday i trooped the local Star Wars exhibit at our Science Museum. More people recognized me as Revan then not but I got called Vader a few times and SOME people asked, "Who are you?" when i couldn't talk in that thing without yelling, as I had a resperator on underneath to keep my breath from fogging the lens too much (still got foggy). I've given up worrying what the general public thinks. They're not there to "get it", they're just there to have a good time, see the pretty costumes and go home with their kids happy.

If I go to a Con as Revan.. I think I'm gonna get 98% recognition, so.. does that make me formal Canon? It's a fuzzy line, and if the 501st is going to base catagories on somehting as maliable as outsider's recognition... they're in for arguements. It's not a big deal to me. I get to dress up regardless. I just don't liek the tight-asses that think just because they ponied up the cash for all the deluxe Vader gear, money being the mojor obstical there, that they can subdjugate those they feel did not pay enough for their costumes. (I don't mean everyone that does Vader is this way, it's just my experience)

But like I said, nobody is telling me not to costume. Quite the contrary, I seem to have a lot of support for my work, and that's all I need.

-Oubliette

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    TV series is supposed to feature troops as characters. Probably similar to the x-wing books. Depending on the exact timeline we may see them or the intermediate step between stomies.
    The timeline is just after Ep. 3. It will paralel the comic series "Dark Times" by Dark Horse... (which just happens to be nearby me.) Woof!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlb
    Hmm.. perhaps, but my experience with the general public is, most people don't know squat. I've seen our Jango get called Boba, I've seen one of our clones get called Boba too... of EVERY Jedi is Obi Wan or freakin Anakin to mommies and their tots, and if you're black.. I guess you MUST be Mace.
    Ha ha! That's a very good point.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The timeline is just after Ep. 3. It will paralel the comic series "Dark Times" by Dark Horse... (which just happens to be nearby me.) Woof!
    Really? RL pilots were happy because the little blurb said rebel pilots...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Really? RL pilots were happy because the little blurb said rebel pilots...
    Oh yah, well y'know the rebellion has already begun.