Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What next???

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Not to poop in your punchbowl, but you're basically referring to an aluminum tube. Why not buy 1.5" OD 0.035" wall thickness aluminum tubing from onlinemetals.com or something for like 5 bucks a foot?

I mean, I am all for ditching brass sink tubes altogether, but it kind of depends on what Tim can get a hold of, the price to him, and the price to us based on his cost plus overhead. Tim's not one for gouging us on costs, so it all comes down to supply versus demand.

...I love the Dark Side, but I have a night light.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

yeah your right i'll do that thanks.

heres a good one hope it was not posted before but how bout an obi wan ep 3 mhs grip grenade section,huh,huh.

"aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DACOTA

heres a good one hope it was not posted before but how bout an obi wan ep 3 mhs grip grenade section,huh,huh.

Only about a dozen times.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I'd like to see something along the lines of some kind of grip material made specifically for the MHS. Like a thin cylinder of black grip material that you could slide over the MHS and cut however you wanted. It should be as thin as possible.

I liked to see a pommel that sorta ends in a point. I think ive seen someone from the CSS with a pointed pommel, but i think it looks cool.
    And to accompany my vague description!!!!!!!!! []

TADDAAAA!!! My Paint Skillz.. [)]

(The dude wont stop attacking until the sig is destroyed!) Vader is a pimp in every shape in form.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And to accompany my vague description!!!!!!!!!

a even vauger picture [][]

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

I would say that everyone pretty much hit it on the head...

I'd say some form of quickrelease latch for the doublebladed/seperatable for a more interesting fight....

some form of customizable grip would be kewl...tho it's easy to find elsewhere. I am having some aluminum bent, just a slight few degrees through my coworker.

More diversity in center sections would be optimal...like the british rifle grenade style from ROTS, also some brass fittings would be nice, and I'd second the anodization idea it definately has merit... or possibly chrome fittings too.

Thank you for your time.

Fear is the mindkiller

maybe you can make a blade holder for the mhs that looks like the ribbed section

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Blog Entries

Am I too late to give advice on bending aluminum?

Ahh, who care... I'll give it anyway. So when you bend aluminum tube on a pipe bender (or free hand) the walls collapse and you kink the tube. Solution - you cap one end, pack the tube with SAND, cap the other end. Now bend away. No heating required.

Now about other design ideas. This would be hard but would look and feel so cool - Rounded ribbed section.

Cheers,
    V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

Good stuff vadeblade. I like that suggestion for another ribbed section too[]

<center></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

Am I too late to give advice on bending aluminum?

Ahh, who care... I'll give it anyway. So when you bend aluminum tube on a pipe bender (or free hand) the walls collapse and you kink the tube. Solution - you cap one end, pack the tube with SAND, cap the other end. Now bend away. No heating required.

But I don't like sand...

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">