Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Luke ESB Luxeon

If your lookin' to gut it and start over I would say use the Anakin when it comes out, the graflex but that may be too small or have Tim custom do a blade holder for you.

Have you taken one apart yet? It shouldn't be to tough to do, as it is still the classic graflex style. I agree that it is a nice hilt and the only reason that I think it hasn't gotten more attention is it as well as the other early FX's seem to have a little more collector's appeal.

Heck if you don't get 'er done in the next few weeks give me a call and we will work on it once I have my new REAL workspace.

<center></center>

Im hoping I can get one of them to work by replacing the switch or finding a loose wire or something. I hear you have to drill out the rivets to get the guts out? I think I need to get a rivet kit when I put it back together?

BTW, drilling out the back rivets works fine, makes the whole assembly come out 1,2,3. Use a small bit and they come right out.

I have a Luke ESB Luxeon FX look at the LED Colors / Blades and select cyan.

"Lightness in body"

Oi, that was a good read. :P

Might as well add to the problem...

I've been bidding on a Lube ESB MR saber on eBay, thinking that the seller made a mistake and meant it was an Anakin. Yeah, silly me. I was buying it solely so I could convert it to an LED. But now? Now, I'm not so sure about it. I'm not exactly the handiest person in the world, and I can't really affor to screw it up, but...

Is it possible for the Anakin kit (when it comes out) to work with the Luke ESB hilt? Or at least some way to jerri-rig it? I haven't looked at the thread for taking apart the Luke saber yet, but will shortly.

Anyone? Tim? Any thoughts and/or bits of help?

~~~~~~~~
    Support a starving artist:
    http://archammer2.deviantart.com

If it fits inside the diameter of the luke hilt, you could always use a little duct tape to build up until it fits. It's not going to be the sturdiest thing around though as duct tape will have some small amount of flex, but it you aren't doing heavy dueling you should be ok.

Hate to revive an ancient thread like this, but someone here in Japan just asked me about the possibility of converting an ESB Luke to a Luxeon. Until today, I didn't even know there was such a thing as an ESB Luke Force FX Lightsaber. It's been two and a half years since this thread died. Has anyone found a relatively easy solution in the meantime? Does Tim's ROTS Anakin conversion kit work with this saber? Can something like a Darth Maul kit be jury-rigged? (I'm using that one to convert an AOTC Anakin at the moment.) Is it really that different from an ANH Luke? Judging from this thread, it sounds like a bugger just to dismantle.
    There's always a bigger fish.

This guy is quite serious about having his ESB Luke converted. I asked him if he could send it to me so that I could try to take it apart and see how it might be done. I've looked and can't find anything like a "How to dismantle an ESB Luke" tutorial anywhere. But after reading this review and seeing the pics, I can see why this guy loves this saber so much. It really does have a more authentic look than the ROTS Anakin. Can anyone offer any advice on taking one apart? Obviously, I don't want to damage this guy's saber unless I'm certain it's both necessary and can be fixed afterwards. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Theres a disassembly thread on FX-saber, here it is:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.0

Having converted my one, I have to say it's one of the hardest to do!!

If you do go ahead with it be careful when drilling out the rivets on the grips, if you push to hard the rivits will just spin round and mess up the grips. Luckily I had a spare hilt, I just replaced the damaged grips with ones of that. Also the buttons are hard to remove with out damaging them.

This is probably my least favourite saber, just because of the size! Its way to big.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Theres a disassembly thread on FX-saber, here it is:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.0

Having converted my one, I have to say it's one of the hardest to do!!

If you do go ahead with it be careful when drilling out the rivets on the grips, if you push to hard the rivits will just spin round and mess up the grips. Luckily I had a spare hilt, I just replaced the damaged grips with ones of that. Also the buttons are hard to remove with out damaging them.

This is probably my least favourite saber, just because of the size! Its way to big.
    Chaos, that was a huge help. Many thanks. What did you use for a blade holder?