Thread: is it normal to have a little bit of wiggle with the 1.5 inch sink tube blade holder?

Default is it normal to have a little bit of wiggle with the 1.5 inch sink tube blade holder?

I installed it with screws and there still seems to be a little wiggle with a 36 inch blade in.

Nothing? I'm using 10-32 screws but those are just go prevent the holder from falling out the saber.

How many screws did you use, and where did you out them?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Two 10-32 screws, around the bottom. I tapped them wrong I think because the holes deviate slightly to the left.IMAG0117.jpg

That's likely your problem...those two screws are creating a pivot point for the blade holder inside the sinktube. To correct it, you can add another pair of screws next to those, or add a third on the "bottom" of the saber to stabilize it, like so:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks! Also, I recently acquired a drill press and wanted to know if it's ok to drill through the sink tube and the holder for both the holes, as in it entering from one end and exiting out the other. Would this ruin the tube?

I've done that, and it can really deform the tube on the opposite side you're drilling into if you try to go too fast.