Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Hey Ronin, what would you do differently with a Lathe? I have access to one and am awaiting my Graflex 2.0 at the moment. Im trying to figure out what I need to make light and sound and have been sketching and drawing up different designs. I don't want a crystal chamber just a working hilt.
    I was thinking of boring out the stock blade holder. do you think that is possible or not enough metal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heyjude7 View Post
    Hey Ronin, what would you do differently with a Lathe? I have access to one and am awaiting my Graflex 2.0 at the moment. Im trying to figure out what I need to make light and sound and have been sketching and drawing up different designs. I don't want a crystal chamber just a working hilt.
    I was thinking of boring out the stock blade holder. do you think that is possible or not enough metal ?
    I wouldn't do any thing to the hilt itself, more create parts to make a fully in-cased chassis and make some custom pieces for a crystal chamber and full reveal chassis.

What did you use for a heat sink? I'm sorry if you've already explained this, but I started reading when you created this thread now I finally have the kit and we're like 11 pages deep now lol

Quote Originally Posted by maggard08@gmail.com View Post
    I'm sorry if you've already explained this, but I started reading when you created this thread now I finally have the kit and we're like 11 pages deep now lol
    ...really? lol
    C'mon mannn, 11 pages isn't so bad and you'd probably learn something useful if you read thru all of it. Additionally, the info you're looking for is literally the first post on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBJJ View Post
    Hilt electronics
    - Nano Biscotti v2
    - Li-ion pack 18650 3.7v 3400mAh
    - 2W 28mm premium Speaker
    - 2x tactile switches, momentary
    - LED blue - I will not be using the white for FoC.
    - LED Lens Tri
    - 7/8" Aluminum heat sink
    - 2.1 power jack w/kill key
    - 0.47 ohm .5w resistor x 2
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

What did you use for a heat sink? I'm sorry if you've already explained this, but I started reading when you created this thread now I finally have the kit and we're like 11 pages deep now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    ...really? lol
    C'mon mannn, 11 pages isn't so bad and you'd probably learn something useful if you read thru all of it. Additionally, the info you're looking for is literally the first post on the first page.
    LOL, Just FYI it doesn't seem like Justin is going carry anymore of the 7/8 heatsinks... I have a new Darth Maul I just received that I need those darn heat sinks for! But I have read, somewhere, that TCSS will be adding a 7/8 heat sink to the store sometime soon.

I got mine (7/8'' heatsink) one week ago or so... He's still doing, but it seems there's too much demand. I contacted him about the heatsinks and when available he kindly notified by e-mail.

Yeah I saw where it says 7/8 heat sink and I have read through most of this thing as he's been updating but maybe I don't feel like going back through 11 pages of comments to find one sentence when I can just ask him?. I also noticed tcss doesn't sell 7/8 heat sinks. Where would you buy one? It's not like Walmart sells bulk lightsaber parts. This is the only parts store I've really found for this type of hobby.

Yeah I saw where it says 7/8 heat sink and I have read through most of this thing as he's been updating but maybe I don't feel like going back through 11 pages of comments to find one sentence when I can just ask him?. I also noticed tcss doesn't sell 7/8 heat sinks. Where would you buy one? It's not like Walmart sells bulk lightsaber parts. This is the only parts store I've really found for this type of hobby.
    I could tell you where to buy the heatsink, but now you've revealed yourself so nice... I think it's better for you to read this pages, when you feel it, take your time

Whatever man. I have other crap going on in my life and I don't have unlimited time to read every thread on this forum to hope to stumble across an answer I'm looking for. I thought the purpose of internet forums was to interact and help other people out. Not act like a mule's rear end when someone asks a question. I'm not "so nice" when I read these replies to folks just starting out trying to get into this hobby and everyone is jumping down their throats and giving them crap for simply wanting to find out new information. I've personally spent an easy 600 bucks on my own saber build so far and still haven't finished it waiting for the parts I need to get back in stock and now I'm trying to help my brother get his graflex kit set up and I'm catching flack from you guys for asking someone ELSE about their process with it being his first go around. If you want to help, then great! That's what I come here to find. If you want to act like bigots and snobs, then don't reply to my comments. I wasn't asking you in the first place. I was asking Ronin.

We're all volunteers here (well, most of us), and we're more than happy to point people in the right direction. Spoon-feeding is not done on these forums on a regular basis. We encourage people to read and try to find their answers on their own first. These forums have been up for a long time, and nearly EVERY question that gets asked has been answered a dozen times already.

Getting angry and yelling at volunteers is the fastest way to get them to stop helping you.

That being said, there may be someone making/selling 7/8" heatsinks. If it's not TCSS, we are not allowed to link their site to you on these forums. Your best bet would be to have one machined for you. A heatsink is not a complicated thing, it's just a piece of thermally conductive metal that fits into your hilt. Aluminum is fine, copper is better.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!