Thread: Dismantling Mace Hilt

Default Dismantling Mace Hilt

Hey all, still awaiting my latest parts shipment from Tim (powder coating prolly holding it up), so I've been playing around. Seriously, reading here is bad for my time management... I keep coming up with new things to try.

Has anyone tried dismantling a Mace Windu FX hilt? I figured if I was going to cannibalize the soundboard, I might as well try to use some of the other parts as well. I'd like to separate the hilt about the mid-point, above the gold collar, below the section with the switch. Anyone have any idea how to do this without damaging either part?

Thanks!

Tryp

Council Member
    Sith Lord

PM me your email address. I have a PDF instruction set for it
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

PM sent. Thanks LDM!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    PM sent. Thanks LDM!
    You have email... You are indeed welcome.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Do you have the Hasbro version or the older MRFX version? Because they are constructed totally different and come apart in vastly different ways.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

2005 MR FX. Originally converted using Tim's instructions. Now dismantled the same way as during the conversion, as I've ripped out the sound board and LED for another project.

I have the entire thing dismantled, the only part of the hilt left whole is the chromed grip area (minus the rubber grips), the gold middle piece, and the chromed switch area (with the gold switch plates and rubber area). Even the emitter area unscrewed. LDM told me that the middle part should unscrew as well, I just can't get it apart yet. Haven't tried strap wrenches yet, don't have any.

Default Hello there :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    PM me your email address. I have a PDF instruction set for it
    I have the same problem,i am trying to separate the saber so i can send it for gild .
    Can you plzz send that PDF file too. trying to seperat