Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so frustrated

Default so frustrated

i have made multiple purchases over the course of the last month only because i have to wait for things to become available again.
    the things im after are never in stock and i have to wait for them to become available again.
    at this rate its going to take 3 months to build one light saber cause i can only buy one item at a time
    and it seems like there is no where else to get these parts

Things are, and will continue getting better. Lots of people are frustrated by the outages but people are working hard, trying to keep things in stock. Patience and vigilance are key. And depending on what parts you're talking about, there wouldn't be anywhere else to get them because this is where they come from...

You probably don't want people telling you to be patient, but I'm not sure what you expected.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I understand this the way things are and I know they are working hard and I appreciate their effort to keep things stocked but it's still frustrating

C'est la vie.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

"3 months to build a saber" must be nice!!
    It's taken me 8 months just to get where I'm at now, parts come I don't have to money for them then they go and when I have the funds I just wait patiently till they come back "cuz they will". Tim and his crew work very hard to put out AMAZING products and try to keep up on demand, parts come and go a lot just 4 days ago he updated the store 5 times with stock updates
    "Patients young Jedi"

Greetings,

This is my first post here. I thought it fitting as I've been checking just about every hour for the past month to complete my first build. I think It can also be frustrating to see all the truly amazing work folks here do and I look at my meager plain Jane build and get bummed. I've found it helpful to try and make simple parts like chassis disks out of acrylic from home depot or grinding mock crystals from clear cast resin. Satisfies my need to tinker and serves as brainstorming for future sabers. I'm sure the movie has brought us noobs out of the woodwork =). I blame my kids for wanting to be Rey(except with a purple blade...) and Kylo Ren for next Halloween. I usually do foam props for them but somehow I ended up here and game over. Good luck!

Im in the same boat, waiting on a blade holder and there really isnt anything else to use. In the meantime Im sketching future builds, scouting goodwill and hardware stores for parts, reading the forums, and experimenting with some simple blade-less PVC hilts.

I've been waiting for brass momentary switches for over 6 months. It's frustrating, but that's how it is. That's why I try to have multiple projects going.

As a veteran in product development and consulting I am going to step in here because the amount of belly aching about wait time is ridiculous. Yes the items are out of stock and when in stock they go quick.

REMEMBER THIS IS A VERY NICHE MARKET...NOT MASS MARKET!

I assume that with the movie the demand is significantly higher than usual, if I were to render a guess based on the number of new posts vs old posts I would say demand since September has been 10:1 from normal demand.

So you say buy more equipment, hire more people. The quickest way to kill a company is to ramp up capital equipment and employees for bloated demand, and that is what this current demand is.

Well out source the production. Well this is possible, but from the quality of the parts I received from TCSS it would be hard pressed for him to find a source that could produce the parts at a price he could make enough profit to cover the overhead and time he would have to invest in packing and shipping. To be honest the prices are seriously unbeatable values...one could not CAD up their own versions and use either of the three main online CNC prototype shops without spending 2x the cost...and they won't hollow out or thread the parts.

If you need something now...walmart is down the street...buy a ready made one. If you want a true piece of art that you created...then wait for the quality parts...or buy a lathe and a mill, and make your own hilt parts. Then head over to Arduino and learn to program and build the electronics, perhaps you would learn of the time and effort it goes into creating a functional electronics package.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 01-22-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Ive been waiting on my own build (Ive built sabers for friends and loved ones) for 5 years. Half a decade. Now that I have the funds, the movie dropping now means demand is so high that the parts I need are out of stock.

So I wait. The fanfare can't last forever, right?